Chapter 97 - When the party's over

Start from the beginning

"You're embarrassing me in front of everyone y/n, I told you not to make me look like a fool" she says gritting her teeth
"This isn't my fault Becky, you decided to blame yourself the moment you came up with this stupid plan, but do you know what the truth is? I'm not your toy Becky, you can't boss me around like you do with this pack of idiots" i say pointing to her friends
Becky's eyes narrow, her face contorting with anger. "Oh, please" she scoffs, her tone dripping with sarcasm.
"Look who's talking, miss 'I'm too good for everyone.' You think you're so much better than us, don't you?"
Heat rises to my cheeks as her words cut deep, but i refuse to let her see me falter.
"I never said that" I reply through gritted teeth, my voice trembling with suppressed emotion.
Becky's laughter rings in the air, her friends joining in with cruel amusement.
"Sure, keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. But we all know the truth" she taunts, her eyes boring into mine with malicious intent.
"Tell us y/n, who the fuck cares about you huh? I'll tell you, no one, because you're absolutely fucking nobody. You're nothing but pathetic loser, and everyone knows it" she spits venom on me
Her words strike like daggers to my heart, and I recoil as if physically struck.
The laughter of Becky's friends echoes in the background, their gazes burning into me like branding irons.
Tears sting my eyes, but i refuse to let them fall.
As i try to turn on my heel, Becky's voice cuts through the air like a whip.
"Leaving so soon, Y/n? Can't handle a little truth?" she sneers, her lips curls in a smirk
Her friends chime in, their laughter like daggers aimed at my already wounded pride.
"Guess she couldn't handle the heat" one of them jeers, earning a chorus of cruel laughter.
I feel my cheeks burn with shame as their words slice through me, tearing away any semblance of dignity i had left.
I clench my jaw, fighting back the tears that threaten to spill over.
But Becky isn't finished yet.
"Come back when you're ready to admit you're just a pathetic loser" she calls after me, her voice dripping with contempt.
I run away stumbling out into the night, the sound of their laughter still ringing in my ears.
In the shadow of a hidden corner i burst into tears, curling up, burying my face in despair.

After trying to find an even breath, i grab the phone and call the only person i need now, in the hope that she can understand me.
As i dial her number, my fingers tremble with a mix of fear and shame.
After a few rings she answers and her voice gives me a moment of peace.
"Hey baby, i tried texting you earlier, how's it going?" she asks in a soft voice but my sobbing makes her immediately sense that something is wrong.
"Y/n what's going on? where are you?" she asks worried
"Can-can you come get me?" i ask whining
"Sure baby i'll be right there, but tell me what's going on, where's Cassie?" she asks as i hear her grab the keys and close the door
"Just come please, i need you to pick me up" i beg
"Okay okay, i'm coming, send me the location" she says trying to keep a calm tone
"I love you" she whispers before hanging up

Finally, headlights pierce the darkness, and i see Lizzie's car pulling up outside.
Relief floods through me as i rush to meet her, but as i draw closer, i see the dawning realization in her eyes.
I open my mouth to speak, but the words catch in my throat.
Lizzie's gaze is like a spotlight, illuminating every shadowy corner of my guilt.
"Get in the car" she just says, her voice cold and distant.
I obey, trying to slide into the passenger seat but Becky's voice attracts my attention and above all, Lizzie's one.

"Oh poor y/n, the little helpless girl called her girlfriend to come save her"

Lizzie's gaze flickers to me and i can feel her eyes boring into me but before i can decipher her emotions, her attention shifts back to Becky.
She steps towards her, her eyes flashing with anger.
"What's your problem, Becky?" she demands, her voice cutting through the tension like a knife.
"Can't you see you've caused enough damage already?" She adds
"Mind your own business, Miss Olsen" she retorts, her voice lacks its usual confidence.
But Lizzie refuses to back down
"It does concern me when my girlfriend is dragged into your petty games and lies" she says, her tone cold and cutting.
There's a moment of stunned silence as Becky's friends exchange uneasy glances, unsure of how to react to Lizzie's bold challenge.
But before Becky can come up with a retort, Lizzie cuts through the silence like a thunderclap.
"Maybe if you spent less time trying to make yourself look good and more time actually being a decent person, you wouldn't need to resort to such pathetic tactics to impress your friends" she says, her words landing like a knockout punch

Becky's face flushes crimson with humiliation as her friends exchange shocked looks.
As Lizzie turns around to retrace her steps, Becky tries to take control of the situation again.
"I'll tell everyone the truth" she announces, thinking she has the situation under control.
Lizzie looks at me, then lets out a smirk and turns back to Becky.
"No, I don't think so, Becky" she says.
"Oh, you think?" Becky counters, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I don't think you want to be an accessory to a crime, darling, do you?" Lizzie says sarcastically, leaving Becky with a shocked face.
"Being aware also means being guilty, Becky, and you don't want to jeopardize your degree, right?" Lizzie asks, her voice firm.
Becky falls silent, her confidence crumbling under Lizzie's scrutiny.
"Good girl, so if i were you, i would watch your next moves carefully" Lizzie warns leaving Becky speechless
Then, she approaches Becky, their faces inches apart.
"Just to be clear, don't try to touch or talk to my girlfriend again. Do you understand?" Lizzie's voice is firm, her eyes piercing into Becky's who just nods.

She returns into the car and i can feel her gaze on me, but i can't bring myself to meet her eyes, the guilt weighing me down.
Lizzie starts the engine, the sound cutting through the silence like a knife.
The car lurches forward, but the distance between us remains, a silent barrier neither of us knows how to breach.
I clear my throat, trying to bring her attention on me.
"Lizzie..." i begin, my voice tentative.
But Lizzie cuts me off with a sharp glance
"Not now, Y/n" she says curtly
"I just-" i try again, but the words die on my lips as Lizzie's grip tightens on the steering wheel.
"Please, Y/n" she says, her voice strained.
"I need some time to process everything"
I nod, swallowing back the lump in my throat.

The rest of the journey passes in silence, each mile stretching on like an eternity.
And as we finally pull up outside of her house, neither of us makes a move to get out of the car.
I glance over at Lizzie, but she stares straight ahead, her jaw clenched with suppressed emotion.
"Liz I'm really sorry, i-"
"Why did you lie to me?" she says, her voice faltering as her gaze flickers to mine
"I-i don't know, i-" my voice trails off
"You're mad at me, do you?"  i ask her and she sighs heavily
"No y/n, i'm not mad at you, i'm just- disappointed" she whispers
"I'm so sorry, i was scared. I-i didn't know what else to do. Becky threatened me and-"
"Y/n, you can't continue to let people push you around, especially people who are so insignificant, arrogant and full of themselves. I get that you were scared, but lying to me wasn't the answer. We're supposed to trust each other" she says, and finally a soft smile makes its way onto her face.
Relief floods through me at her words, mingles with gratitude for her understanding.
"I know and i'm sorry, i never meant to hurt you Liz"
"I know you didn't meant to hurt me honey" she says softly
"Come here" she takes me in her arms and i don't even know why but i burst into tears while she comforts me.
"Hey hey it's okay babygirl, I'm with you now" she whispers softly planting little kisses on my head
"Y/n, i hate to think of the hurtful things Becky might have said to you" she begins tenderly, her voice a gentle melody in the stillness of the car.
"But please know, whatever she said doesn't define you okay? You're so much more than the words of someone who's trying to bring you down"

Her words wraps around me, filling me with a sense of comfort
I lean into her, grateful for her presence and the strength she lends me in my moment of weakness.
"Thanks Liz" I just say snuggling on her chest.
"You're my everything, Y/n" she says, her voice barely a whisper
"And I'll always stand by you, no matter what"

....................................................................................

A/N:

Guess who's back?
Meeeeeeee!🙆🏻‍♀️
I missed you so much and i hope you missed me too (or at least this story)

As i said on tik tok i finally finished the winter session exams so i'm a little more free  now
I will try to do my best to finish this book in the best possible way.

There's not much left until the end 🥺

See you in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍