'Hope, in this realm of mine...Is it possible?' She questioned herself, having known only the hardships of war and tyranny that her land had succumbed to.

It was hard not to recall her every loss, though somewhere in there, she also remembered something else.

For a moment she recalled the tender youth she used to be so many years ago.

'Perhaps that's why she grabs my attention so much,' she proceeded with consideration.

"It's been so long..." she then murmured with a touch of a smile, the small lift graceful.

"It's been so long since a prayer of mine has been responded to," she added with a soft amusement, the twinkle in her black eyes existing as a stray drop traveled down her face, falling onto the ground.

She's only thought to do so in her helplessness, as a way to sedate the need to gravitate closer to the other woman.

-Because it was all she could have truly done in her cowardice.

"So long since I'd turned my back on my former beliefs," she added.

Her lukewarm chuckle was the only sound left in the room as her long, slim fingers moved down her face to delicately wipe the escaped sorrow before she continued with her duties with a rather noticeable smile adorning her.

As she then trailed her eyes down to see where her tears had fled, she then paused.

Little petals were scattered over the ground, making her shake her head as she reached for the three little specs on the ground,

"Ah.." she breathed, "of course...This room could use some color..." she then mused as she straightened out and looked over the muted setting she stood in.

All the while, (f/n) had fled, tirelessly aimed at a direction she didn't know where it would lead to.

Along the way, she'd run past the people of the village, most of which were unperturbed by her, unbothered at the sight of a frantic, fleeting woman.

She was ignored, even if she desperately begged for help.

Large tears bubbled in her eyes, distress sweated through every fiber of her being, and yet no one seemed to mind.

In truth, it seemed that rather than lure attention, she'd been surrounded by a repellent, alienating her further.

'Don't they see me?' she wondered with worry as she reached out to the person closest to her.

Her shaking hand soon clutched the fabric of a traveling woman's long sleeve, her grasp filled with a silken material of who she hoped would be her savior.

She tried to speak, but before she could let out a word, the woman jutted her shoulder forward, callously forcing the cloth out of (f/n)'s grasp.

And she offered crucial words of advice, advice that would lead the fleeting woman to come to the conclusion that the town they'd stopped at was one catered to ill trade and services.

" - Unless you have payment... then there will be no services offered to you," The strange woman remarked while she carefully dusted herself off where she'd been touched as she eyed (f/n) with an objective side glance.

"Naïve girl..." she then added with a disapproving tut, " Here...No kindness is offered without the promise of riches," She said before continuing down the road.

- She wouldn't waste time on anything that didn't benefit her and she wasn't ashamed to let it be known.

'Mercenaries...' (f/n) inwardly mused, eyeing the displayed weapons most carried.