"In theory. Let me see what I can find out. Yes, here we are. They were originally manufactured by the Techno Union. Been in cold storage for ages. The chain title says it didn't arrive on Plazir through Droid Acquisitions. How strange."

Alora glances around. "How did it arrive?"

"They were requisitioned by the Security Office."

"Is that common?" Bo-Katan asks.

"It's illegal. There's no record of this transaction on the government registry. These droids were ordered by an individual."

"Is there a name?" Din asks.

A familiar face pops up on the screen. "Our head of security. Commissioner Helgait."

Without speaking, only looking around, all three march out of the morgue and head back to the palace's security room. Everyone who was there in the morning is still there, especially Helgait who sits at his seat.

"Check the cycles of security cameras for potential irregularities," he says to the others.

Alora hangs in the back with her hands at her hips while Bo-Katan stalks forward. "Commissioner, we have some questions for you."

"Sorry, I have to check the data farm for anomalies," he replies.

"We know about the Nepenthé," Din says as Alora meanders to the other side of Helgait's desk. "And the nano-droids."

"They didn't malfunction," Bo-Katan states. "You programmed them to disrupt and attack."

"You're coming with us," Alora says, tilting her head when his scared eyes find her.

Helgait leaps to his feet and opens the cover of the big red button. "Everyone, freeze!" He shouts. "If I trigger this failsafe, it will convert the planet's docile workforce back into battle droids and unleash them upon the unsuspecting citizens of Plazir. Don't make me do it."

"There's no way out, Commissioner," Bo-Katan warns, her hand resting near her blaster. "Give yourself up."

Alora's hand curls around her saber.

"Give up?" Helgait scoffs. "I never give up. I didn't give up to the corrupt Republic, I didn't give up to the Empire, and I won't give up to you."

"You're a Separatist?" Bo-Katan sneers.

"Separatist is a pejorative term. I support democracy. Count Dooku was a visionary." Everything in Alora's blood goes on the offensive. A static grows in her mind the more he speaks. "He was cut short in his prime by the Jedi enforcer—"

Alora activates her lightsaber and slices off Helgait's arm, catching it with the Force before it can fall on the button. He screams as he falls back, but quiets when he sees the burning yellow in his face. "I think the time for politics is over," Alora snaps. Looking up, she shrugs, "I may know how to play the game, but I can be impatient."

Helgait whimpers as Alora pulls him to his feet and forces him forward, pinning his remaining hand back to ensure no more trouble. They bring Helgait back to the party only a few floors away where the Duchess and her husband are playing a game.

When they notice them, the Duchess' smile drops as Bombardier asks, "What are you doing with Commissioner Helgait?"

"We found the cause of your malfunctions," Din explains.

"Is this true?" The Duchess asks.

"I'm afraid it is, M'Lady," Helgait replies as he steps forward.

Bombardier narrows his eyes. "Despicable."

"If that isn't the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy."

"I beg your pardon?"

"This planet is unrecognizable since he arrived."

Frowning, Bombardier mutters, "I had a feeling you hated me."

"I'm disappointed in you, Commissioner," the Duchess says. "You served my family well. But Captain Bombardier is the love of my life, and I know his heart is true. Sure, he's made some mistakes in the past, but who among us has not? Is there no room for a little bit of forgiveness in a galaxy so vast?"

Helgait tilts his chin up. "I am sorry to have disappointed you, My Lady. Perhaps someday, I can earn such forgiveness from Your Grace."

"Perhaps. As for now, you must live in exile on the moon of Paraquaat."

Helgait lowers his head as police droids escort him away. Alora smirks and mutters as he passes, "Sorry about the arm. Perhaps you'll forgive me."

He sends her a murderous look as he is led away.

"And as for you," the Duchess raises her arms and forces a smile on her face. "Lady Bo-Katan Kryze, Din Djarin of Concordia, and Alora Naftiri of Alderaan." Alora feels a sharp pain in her chest—is that who she is? Or is that just another moniker? "I grant you audience with our deployment of Mandalorian privateers. I also give to you our highest honor, the key to Plazir." A droid approaches and hands the Duchess a large, ornate key. Bo-Katan steps forward to receive it. "You will always be welcome in our domed paradise."

"M'Lady," Bo-Katan nods her head. "M'Lord."

"And to this little one," the Duchess looks down to Grogu who stares up at her from her feet. "I grant knighthood." A soldier hands her an ornate sword that she uses to tap Grogu's shoulders. "You are now a knight of the Ancient Order of Independent Regencies. Go in peace, brave travelers. Until our paths meet again."

As Din nods his respects and picks up Grogu, Alora steps forward. "Thank you for your hospitality. All I ask is that should anyone come asking, Alora Naftiri never came here."

Bombardier's eyes glaze over as she stares at him. The air seems to shift around them as he repeats, "Alora Naftiri was never here."

✦✧✦✧✦

Shorter chapter this time!

Hope you enjoyed!

-L