it did, making [name] giggle and ennoshita grumbled, beckoning her inside. she jokingly bumped her shoulder into his as a greeting, causing the taller boy to stumble into the rickety door. ennoshita mumbled a derogatory name before slamming the door shut and trailing behind his friend.

[name] sighed along with the takeout bag crinkling as it plopped down on ennoshita's family dinner table, the legs of it slightly wobbling. she spared a glance at ennoshita as he grabbed two cups from his cupboards for him and his friend. the muscles of biceps slightly flexed underneath his tan skin at the stretch, the payoff of volleyball training showcased.

the girl shifted her attention back onto the takeout bag as her hands scrambled to open it. the plastic bag was tied at the top by the handles impossibly tight, so once [name] gave it two tugs with no signs of untangling itself, she gave up and pathetically peered up at ennoshita, who had been watching her struggle the entire time.

"got no arm strength, girl," he mumbled, placing down the two cups from earlier. his simply ripped the bag apart as if it was nothing before taking out the wrapped food.

"yes, i do. how do you expect me to lift patients onto a stretcher if i have no upper body strength?" [name] snapped back, annoyed at her friend's downplaying of her strength. ennoshita chuckled, throwing his arms up like a peace treaty.

"hey, hey, just messin'! i know you're strong... but i wouldn't be surprised if you made the hot, sexy firemen do the lifting for ya'- ouch, hey!"

the whip of a towel to ennoshita's back caused a red welt to begin to form, ennoshita could tell, as [name] truly defended her honor and proved her upper body strength. he chose not to tease her anymore.

after assembling all of their respected foods together, [name] and ennoshita made their way to the boy's "game room", which was really just an extra room used for ennoshita and his little brother to play video games along with storage in the closet. when ennoshita's parents began planning their family, they decided on three children, but two was enough and the family ended up with an extra room. ennoshita and his little brother didn't complain, though, as the room was their safe space to play video games and watch movies when the two of them had nothing to do.

"i'm feelin' scary movie tonight," [name] stated with her legs crossed underneath her body on the floor in front of the tv. ennoshita hummed in agreement as reached for the remote sitting in front of the tv.

"you're not gonna shit your pants?" ennoshita teased with his fork stuck between his teeth. his fingers played with the buttons on the remote until the tv screen displayed his choice of a streaming service.

"me? be so for real. don't tell me you forgot the time we were watching the exorcist and that scene came on. you nearly knocked me out trying to hide yourself behind me," [name] huffed with her arms crossed over her chest. she knew she had won when ennoshita grumbled nonsense under his breath with red cheeks.

"whatever, pick a movie, hoe."

[name] giggled as she grabbed the remote. after five minutes of bickering over what movie looked better, the two had finally chose the ring as their movie of choice. neither of them had seen it before, so they wouldn't know what would be coming.

the soon to be second years nibbled on their still steaming chinese food as the movie played ahead. the savory orange chicken melted in [name]'s mouth as the fried rice paired nicely afterwards. she even got them crab rangoon! which she snarfed down quickly. ennoshita was also throughly enjoying his garlic chicken plus steamed vegetables, and of course bits and pieces of [name]'s orange chicken.

at this point, the movie seemed to be nearing the build up to the climax as more minor jump scares occurred here and there. [name] could feel herself getting excited- she needed to see ennoshita shit his pants again. on the other hand, ennoshita was, yes, nearly shitting his pants, but he refused to let that show as he brought his knees to his chest and hid the lower part of his face in them. of course, [name] wasn't oblivious and knew his dirty tricks.

"gettin' scared?" [name] squinted her eyes at the brown haired boy, a shark-like grin adoring her features.

ennoshita scoffed at [name], shaking his head. "of course not, you're the one getting scared."

"whatever!" the grin on [name]'s face refused to disappear as she shrugged her shoulders. she continued watching the film, until she felt a vibration from her phone.

the movie was definitely getting scarier now. the scenes were darker, quieter, and more ominous. little sounds would make ennoshita slightly flinch and he was not happy about it. he aimlessly fiddled with his fingers, anticipating something would happen. of course, something did.

simultaneously, [name] and the character onscreen screamed bloody murder, causing ennoshita to scream as well. he flinched away from [name], staring at her with dinner plates for eyes. at this point, he felt like he needed [name] to step up as an emt and give him aspirin for his heart, which felt like was seizing into a heart attack.

"jesus christ, [name]! and you're the one making fun of me for getting scared?!" ennoshita's eyes observed [name] as he suddenly noticed the phone in her clutches, shaking. one hand covering her mouth in shock. "...what is it-"

"holy shit, i passed!" [name] whipped her head around to ennoshita, their eyes locking.

ennoshita's jaw dropped. then suddenly, he tackeled the girl into a bear-crushing hug. she squeaked in surprise before a flood of laughs and giggles followed suit.

"holy shit, you passed! you're a certified emt!" ennoshita gave the girl a noogie to the head. she grumbled under her breath, but didn't scurry away from the affection.

"heh, and you thought the movie scared me? your scream was so pathetic and sad."

ennoshita quickly unlatched himself from [name] before returning back to his spot on the floor. he pouted as he crossed his arms, refusing to look at her. [name] crawled over to ennoshita, flicking his forehead.

"ow!"

"sorry..." she hugged him, he hugged back, appreciative of the apology, "... for always being right."

"aww, fuck you!"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈trivia!!

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
trivia!!

- trust, [name] is a good and reliable emt. in the program she enrolled for emt, she was required to go on ride-outs with actual paramedics where she got hands on experience. perhaps she ran a call with a certain volleyball player in the area once before?

- watching movies is one of [name] and ennoshita's favorite things to do together, along with wasting money at malls, walking in parks (the swings are a must), and playing video games with ennoshita's younger brother.

- ennoshita's mother likes to joke that [name] is the daughter she always wanted... and ennoshita should marry her (he absolutely hates it when she says that... not for the wrong reasons, though).