Chapter 5 - And They Were Roommates

Start from the beginning

"Nate finally woke up in time to actually meet us." Ernie happily imputed.

"Interesting." Ominis voiced, speaking for the first time that morning.

"Gaunt." Leo greeted the sandy blonde teen.

"Malfoy." Ominis greeted back. They had a mutual understanding and respect for one another, after all - they were both the black sheep of their families. But they never went out of their way to be friends with each other.

"Right, this just got strange - come on, Charms starts in ten minutes." Charlie rose from his seat, and Leo and Ernie followed suit.

"Nice to officially meet you, Nate - see you later," Ernie called out as they left the Great Hall.

"New friends?" Seb queried.

"Like I said, they're my roommates."

"Speaking of roommates." Ominis elbowed Seb in his ribs, reminding him of their morning mission.

"Oh yes!" Sebastian grabbed a sheet of paper from his robe and slammed it down in front of the black-haired teen in excitement.

"And this is?"

"We want you to move into our room." Ominis calmly stated.

"And your current roommate is alright with this?" Nate asked as he dipped another soldier into the chucky egg.

"Well, we haven't asked him yet-" Ominous starts but was quickly cut off by Sebastian.

"We were hoping you could talk to him since you're so good at convincing people to do things."

"I'm really not, but I'll talk to him - who is your roommate anyway?" Sebastian glanced at Ominis.

"I don't know his name." The blond admitted.

"You've shared a room with him since the start of the year, been in the same house as him for five years and were probably sorted together and you don't even know his name?" Nate asked as his empty plate disappeared from in front of him.

"When you put it like that it sounds bad," Nate simply raised a single eyebrow at the brunette. "Don't look at me like that - he normally hangs around your roommates, should be pretty easy to convince since he'll most likely be moving back in with his friends."

"Fine, I'll go talk to him." He takes the form from Sebastian's hands and looks it over, "but I make no promises."

II

Nathan was wandering the Asronomy Wing, definitely not lost in the slightest. He was mapping out the building internally so he would stop getting lost and using the field guide to find his way, the golden trail that came out of the book when he pointed to a specific place on the map had helped him more times than he could count. But he didn't particularly like the looks he received as he followed the glowing trail.

"Can't see this being much good to a half-blood." The voice cut him out of his musing. As he turned a corner he saw an older Slytherin teen with what must be one of his friends holding up a book and keeping it out of the reach of a first-year Hufflepuff student.

"Please!" The Hufflepuff yelled, begging the older teen to give back the book. Nate took a look at the other Slytherin, he didn't recognise him meaning he was either in the year above or below Nate. Either way, he was bullying a first-year and Nate didn't particularly care for bullies.

"What about you? What do you think" The Slythrin teen asked his friend.

"Please - just give it back." The Hufflepuff boy cried out once more, and Nate had heard enough.