•~•~•~•~•~

"Have a good time, send me pictures." Theo says as we walk out of the school gates, towards the car park. I laugh slightly.

"I will. See you tomorrow." I say, before walking over to Lando's McLaren. I open the door and get into the passenger seat, shutting the door behind me.

"How was your day?" He asks, looking at me and smiling slightly. I look at him and smile.

"It was good actually. I'm excited for later." I say, smiling at him. He laughs slightly at my childishness, before starting the engine and driving out of the car park.

"We need to go to your house before we go, you can get changed and Charles wanted to talk to me about something." He says as he drives down the road towards Charles' house.

"I specifically brought my kit to school so I didn't have to go home to get changed." I state quietly, looking down at my knees and fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

"Why don't you want to go home?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows slightly and looking down at me.

"I just had an argument with Charles yesterday. I haven't spoken to him all morning, and I walked to school instead of him taking me." I mumble, hoping he didn't hear what I just said.

"What was the argument about?" Lando asks as he pulls into the driveway, parking his car behind Charles' Ferrari. I unbuckle my seatbelt and rest my head on the back of the seat.

"He wouldn't let me go out with my friends, so I walked out." I say, as he opens his car door and gets out. I open the passenger side door and get out, picking up my backpack from the footwell of the car, before following Lando towards the front door.

He opens the front door and walks in, taking his shoes off and leaving them at the side of the corridor. I kick my shoes off, them hitting the wall and making a slight thud sound.

There are some black and white adidas shoes next to Charles' shoes. They are in the spot where mine go. They're not Charles' and they certainly aren't mine.

"Whose shoes are these?" I ask Charles as he walks towards us, down the hallway. He stops next to Lando, who is a bit further in front of me.

"They are in my spot." I state, picking the shoes up and moving them to the side. I pick my shoes up and put them in the place next to Charles'.

"Don't be bratty about it, Emilie. They are just shoes." Charles says, looking at me with an annoyed look on his face. I furrow my eyebrows at him slightly.

"How am I being bratty? These random shoes are in the place where I put my shoes. I want to put my shoes where they usually go." I state, raising my voice subconsciously. I'm getting slightly pissed off.

"Emilie, stop it." He states firmly, raising his eyebrows at me slightly and giving me a piercing stare. I scoff and look down at the floor, smiling slightly.

"I didn't do anything." I say quietly before walking upstairs, my backpack on my back. I hear Charles sigh while I make my way upstairs to my room, stomping slightly.

I quickly get changed, wanting to get to karting as quickly as possible. I put on my grey jogging bottoms and black sports T-shirt, before getting into my race suit, leaving the top half undone and letting it hang from my hips.

I sit on the edge of my bed and slide my racing boots on before tying the laces. I look at myself in the mirror, smiling slightly at myself. It's been a few weeks since I've been in my race suit.

My suit is black with blue and pink stitching, my last name is stitched on the back in white and 'E.Barlow 18' in white stitching is on my left hip, along with the British flag. My boots match and so does my helmet, the helmet having my name and flag on the right bottom bit.