Chapter 11: Six Foot And Still a Little Spoon

''The Queen of Hearts.

A gruesome foe. An evil individual. A powerful villain.

Decades ago, everything was peaceful. Humans populated the entire surface.

Life, greenery, and warmth covered the entirety of the Overworld.

But then, out of nowhere, unforeseen by anyone, she came from space.

Bringing about a gigantic snowstorm, covering the entire north in ice and snow. Plants died, animals ran, or adapted to the environment.

The once so-green lands had now turned into a snowy tundra.

That wasn't even the only thing she did. She brought in the Raptures. Humanity's arch-nemesis.

They tried to fight back, pushing, but the Raptures did not budge. Not even an inch. Instead, they were the ones who ended up shoving humanity off the edge.

Humanity created Nikkes to try and counter-attack, but even then, it wasn't successful.

... In most cases.

The Rabbity, along with his friends were the single glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the humans.

A Princess, a Saintess, a Swordswoman, a Wolf, a Snowflake, a Human.

And the most powerful among them all, was the first Nikke ever created.

The Rabbity, along with his squad, managed to uphold the spirit of humanity, even in the darkest of times.

A squad so strong, yet didn't even manage to find where The Queen of Hearts was.

They had no choice. Even with this legendary squad of individuals, they did not stand a chance.

Humanity was forced to retreat underground, below the surface. Rabbity lead the humans into The Ark, not letting a single one even be spotted by the Raptures.

Ever since then, The Rabbity, along with his squadmates, have sworn to find The Queen. To eliminate her. To stop this madness.

But that was decades ago...''

===
===

''Acho!''

''Bless you.''

''Bless you.''

''Bless you!''

''... Thank you...''

Rapi was shaking, holding the cup of hot chocolate that Ludmilla had provided her with.

She sneezed into her hand.

The hot chocolate was helping, but she still felt cold all around. A very unpleasant feeling scattered around her entire body.

''That avalanche really did you that bad, huh?'' I took off one of my coats, placing it around Rapi in an attempt to warm her up.

''Commander... This isn't nec-'' I immediately shut Rapi up.

''Shhh.'' I put my index finger on her lips, shushing her.

Geez, woman. Just let me be kind!

''...'' Rapi took another sip from her cup, nodding.

Finally. I picked my cards back up, turning to face both Ludmilla and Alice once more.

''My turn, right?'' I asked, looking at them.