𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚝

Start from the beginning

𝘚𝘩𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺

She opened up her eyes to look at you while singing the last sentence, and your heart melted even more than it already had. A faint smile appeared on her face, which you couldn't help but reciprocate. You eyes fell to her lips once again, and as much as you tried to resist it, a smirk appeared on your face. The tone in which she sang the familiar song somehow made it even more comforting, and you could feel yourself get all warm and fuzzy inside.

𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦

𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯

As the chorus hit, you were finally able to identify the song she was playing, and you could feel your entire body softly swaying along to the gentle melody. Your smile grew as the eye contact got more and more intimate. How she had managed to turn such an up beat song into such an emotional balled was an absolute miracle to you. The angelic notes that fell from her mouth had you starstruck, and you couldn't tear your eyes away from her.

𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝘐𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

The tattooed redhead carefully put down the guitar as her gaze started to fixate on the floor again. "That was kind of cringe." She chuckled to herself out of self deprecation while rubbing her temples, to which you were quick to respond by shaking your head. "Ellie, that was fucking beautiful." You expressed yourself with a now huge grin on your face as you laid your hand on her cheek, rubbing your thumb over her smooth and soft skin. "Yeah?" Ellie teased you as she leaned into your hand, a smirk now appearing on her face. The tone in which she said it made it hard for you not to lose your cool. "Yeah." You nodded, failing to stop a chuckle from coming out as you leaned in for a kiss. 

As the two of you parted from one another, she was quick to lay her forehead against yours again, making the moment even more special than it already was. "Did Joel teach you that?" You asked curiously, even though you already knew the answer. Your eyes drifted over to the guitar for a few seconds before finding their way back to Ellie's eyes again. "Yeah, he did." She nodded as pride filled her gaze. The love she had for Joel was so pure, because even when the two of them weren't on completely good terms, there was always this spark in her eyes when she talked or heard about him. This was a spark you had been dying to achieve with Tommy for years, but still hadn't fully accomplished. You had blamed it on the fact that neither of you had any shared trauma, but you knew there was something unmatched about the connection Ellie had with the elder man. 

"He taught you good, then." You teased as your face got closer to the redhead. A smirk appeared on her face, and without wasting any more time, she layed her tattooed arm on your lower back, getting dangerously close to you. Your cheeks were starting to become red, but at this point you didn't really care about that anymore. Instead, you fully leaned in and closed the gap between you and the older girl within a matter of seconds.

Although the age gap wasn't big, Ellie made sure every single person in Jackson was aware of it when your friendship arose. It was her main flex when the two of you went anywhere together, and instead of being angry, you just let her. You weren't exactly sure what she had been through at that point, and she wouldn't tell you until much later on in your friendship, but Maria had told you to be a little extra careful around the red-haired girl. First that caused a frown to appear on your young face, but when you first took notice of the significant scars on her body, you thought that whatever she had been through, was probably more intense than your life would ever get.