Accepting the fact my brain was now up and wide awake, not by choice by the way, i hopped up and made my way over to the bathroom.

My hair was all sticking out in random directions, and my mascara was smudged. You would've thought i'd slept for a century or something.

I wiped the black marks from under my eyes, and somewhat tried to tame my hair, desperately attempting to make myself look partly human.

I looked down at my attire, scanning my outfit. Jean shorts and a crop top, comfy. At least i managed to kick of my shoes last night. I don't think Sarah would appreciate chunks of mud and grains of sand scattered around in her bedsheets. I know i definitely wouldn't.

Huffing slightly, i wondered what to do with myself. I could either go with the safe option; magically try and force myself to go back to sleep, which was also the much more reasonable option. Or go with the alternative. The not so smart option.

Go and see Rafe.

I mean, he did say to shout for him if i needed anything. So it shouldn't be a problem, right? It's not as if it's currently two in the morning. Duh.

So now, i found myself planted in front of Rafe Cameron's bedroom door. Somewhere i never pictured myself.

Lifting my hand, three knocks sounded on the surface before me.

Part of me felt extremely bad. He was probably aslee-

"Sofia? You good?" His face appeared. Mine now frozen and in a state of panic. Why was i here again?

"Uh, hey. Did i wake you up or..?" I quickly asked, feeling awkward.

"Nah. Couldn't sleep. Why are you up? You need anything?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"No! No..." I squirmed. Jesus Sofia, scream in his face some more.

"Just..came to say hi?..." Real smooth Sofia. Real fucking smooth.

"Hi?" He laughed slightly.

"Yeah...You know what!" I clapped my hands together. "I'm gonna go straight back to bed, so so sorry for bothering yo-"

"Sofia." His voice silenced me. "It's okay." He smirked slightly at my panic. Asshole...

"Cmon, let's go to the kitchen. I know your hungry, and don't say your not." He mindlessly strolled down the stairs, knowing i would follow.

"Right.." I chirped.

Being honest, i was hungry. I had been for hours. I just didn't want to bother him last night, i mean he'd already done enough.

"Ice cream." I suddenly blurted.

"You want ice cream?" He questioned.

"Please." I pitched quietly.

Rafe grabbed two bowls, filling them with scoops of mint choc chip. My favourite.

"Hope you like mint, cause that's all we got." He shrugged jokingly.

"Luckily, i do." I laughed slightly.

"Let's go sit outside. I wanna roll a blunt." He ordered.

Fine by me.

I curled my knees up on the outside sofa, getting comfortable. Ice cream in my hands. Rafe sat down spreading his knees, still a decent distance between us.

He began to roll a blunt. "Want one? Calm you down a bit." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Sure." Who was i to turn down that?

Once done, Rafe passed me the rolled drug, our fingers brushing just slightly in the process.

I placed the blunt between my lips, Rafe's hand which now held a lighter, coming up to spark the end of the drug.

I looked up just as the orange hue filled the area between us. His face now glowing. We made quick eye contact, his blue seas boring into my dark irises.

Looking away i exhaled, before blowing out the thick smoke from in-between my plump lips. I felt Rafe's gaze on me, but i ignored it, now hearing him shift and light up his own.

After a few minutes of silence, i spoke, reflecting on a memory.

"Remember the last time we did this?" I puzzled.

Rafe scoffed. "I do. You left high as a kite." He snickered.

"I did not." I laughed peering over at him.

"You did. I know your a light weight." He shook his head with a teasing grin.

"Am not." I rolled my eyes with that same grin, the drug now settling into my body, causing my mind to settle.

I had a quick thought. Even though i knew i wasn't going to get as much sleep tonight as i was planning too; maybe things turned out differently tonight for the better. I was still relaxed. And even though it was due to an intoxicated reason, it was much better than being stuck mentally in flight or flight for the next few hours. And i'd take anything over that.

I snuck a quick glance to the figure next to me, my eyes automatically catching on to his presence.

Just to find his eyes already on me.

I frowned playfully with a smile, before he shook his head lightly with a smirk and raised eyebrows, now deciding to look away.

Caught you, Rafe Cameron.

The bright moon made itself clear in our sight of vision, lighting up the area around our bodies.

I smiled behind my hand, feeling content with the situation i was currently in.

Even with that constant pestering voice still in the back of my head, desperately asking me why.

I couldn't explain it. And maybe i didn't want to...

Not just yet.

~

Heyyy chicks😚