Chapter 1

I pulled out my phone to check the time. 8:58. Great, first day at my new job and I'm gonna be late. I heard the Starbucks barista call my name, but I only managed a smile as I grabbed my drink and practically ran out the door. Flustered+not paying attention+ hot drink= disaster. I ran right into someone, spilling my drink all over mostly myself. "Shit!" I muttered as I scrambled to grab my phone that I dropped in the process. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry pal!!" That voice sounded so familiar and calming. I looked up after I got all my stuff together. "You're Jimmy Fallon. I-um-I'm-..sorry." Seriously Kayleigh??
"You're really cute when you stammer," he giggled. "Can I buy you a new drink?" I looked at my drink which was now on the ground, but mostly soaking my shirt.
"Oh it was totally my fault, and besides I'm about to be late for work. I am really sorry by the way, I got coffee on your pants."
"No way, don't worry about it. And seriously, let me buy you another drink." He said as he pulled his sweatshirt off over his head. "..Okay," I smiled at him and took the sweatshirt he handed me. "Incase you want to cover up your shirt," he said. I pulled it over my head and struggled to get my arms in as we got in line. It smelled so good; I almost died. He looked at me and laughed. "Hey, I know I look cute but no laughing," I said sarcastically. "But you really do!" I gave him a stupid smile. "I can help who's next," the barista called. We walked up to the counter together. "What were you drinking," he asked. "Just a mocha latte."
"Okay can I have two venti mocha lattes please." He smiled and payed for our drinks. "Thank you so much by the way, it's really nice of you." I said as we waited for our drinks. "No problem pal. So, where do you work?" I almost forgot I was late to work. " I got a job as an intern, for the Tonight Show actually. Todays my first day."
"Wow, no way! So we're gonna be working together!" He got his typical Jimmy Fallon puppy excitement. "Yeah, I'm really excited! Too bad I didn't start today off that great."
"Well atleast you don't have to worry about being late anymore, I can clear that up for you.
Let me know if you guys are interested so far. I would love some feedback :)