Cameron wasn't able to answer right away.

"If mister Leroy is as good of a businessman as he says he is, then he won't make the mistake of choosing the wrong investment."

"Thank you for accepting my invitation, Luxy," Carol greeted warmly as she escorted the blue suited man into the school.

"It's no problem, dove. Youngsters nowadays just need a little more guidance to not stray away from the path of goodness."

Carol hummed in agreement as she kept walking down the fairly busy hallway bustling with chattering pre-teens. Luxy trailed behind her closely, and soon enough, they arrived at a room filled with about twenty or so kids.

One of those kids just so happened to be one of Cathy's, and it was clear from the surprised look on the twelve year old's face that he recognized his former step-dad.

"Class, I'd like you to meet Mister Leroy. And as I've stated in our last meeting, our remaining fifteen minutes for today will be spent listening to some words of wisdom from a true man of God."

Timmy stared at his step-dad in confusion. Luxy quickly plastered on a fake grin to hide his nervousness and prepared to speak.

But before he could utter a single word, the school's speakers suddenly interrupted him.

"Ms. Carol C., please report to Principal Brownstein's office immediately. Thank you."

Luxy looked over to the teacher in question and saw her rubbing at her temple with a tired sigh.

"Please excuse me for a moment, Luxy. Helen needs my assistance disciplining a few misbehaving students again. Would it be alright if I left you here to look after my class? Just until the bell rings?"

The salesman internally let out a relieved sigh at hearing that.

"No worries, darling. I've got it all under control."

Carol smiled gratefully at him before shuffling out the room. Once she was gone, Luxy looked back at all the students and decided 'fuck it' .

"Alright, I'll let you kiddos off early on the condition that you pretend I taught you some important life lesson today in relation to God. We got a deal?"

A chorus of cheers were heard, followed by the screeching of chairs as all the students scrambled to leave the classroom.

All except for Timmy, who stayed seated in his chair, staring at Luxy with a look that says "you've got some explaining to do".

Luxy walked over to his step-son and pulled out a chair so he could sit right next to him. "How've you been, bud?"

The young Hernandez kid shrugged. "Fine, I guess. Not much has changed since you walked out on us, anyway."

The older man felt a pang of guilt in his chest.

"I never meant to leave you and your siblings, kiddo..."

To his surprise, the young boy nodded in understanding. "We know. You and mom splitting was actually a good thing. Frankly, Leslie was the only one who felt the most affected by it."

Luxy frowned at the mention of his and Cathy's first and only biological son together.

"How is he, by the way?"

Timmy hesitated before replying. "I don't know. He ran away from home seven years ago and we haven't heard from him since."

"He what?!"

Seven years ago?? How the fuck was a nine year old supposed to survive all on his own at that age?!

"Did your mother not even care to try and find him?!" Luxy was evidently upset.