The Loud Fellow

Did he ever fit in?
He was just a rich boy from a well-known merchant family in the Tosa province, otherwise labelled as 'spoiled' by the other soldiers of the Jouishishi.

He wanted to prove himself he wasn't, but he never had the confidence to speak up. He didn't deserve a spot in this cruel, cold place after all. He was just mistaken as a leader of men and joined the war. He wasn't backing off that easily, though.

Sakamoto Tatsuma. That's who he was.

He was a supplier, funding the Joui war, and most resources like food and swords were delivered to the camp all because of him.
Did it mean he automatically earned respect? No. A hard no.

Of course, Tatsuma knew that he had to work hard to gain respect. He wouldn't give up that easily. But for him right now, it wasn't looking too well.

On the ship to the Joui camp, Tatsuma squinted at the people there, and he could clearly see them pointing at him, seeming to be whispering among themselves.

Takasugi Shinsuke muttered, "So that's the Lord of Southern Sea, the Dragon of Katsurahama, Sakamoto Tatsuma."
Katsura Kotaro spat out in response, "I'm not Katsurahama, I'm Katsura."

"I wasn't talking about you."
"He has quite the air of certainty to him." Takasugi chuckled, while Katsura again, replied 'I'm not Certain, I'm Katsura."

"I wasn't. Talking. About you."

Sakata Gintoki replied, with a laid-back demeanour. "This sucks. I don't get along with rich little boys. Damn self-righteous spoiled brats don't know shit about hard work." Then Gintoki mentioned something about Takasugi.

Takasugi and Gintoki started to argue, their faces 1 cm apart, while Katsura stood there, shaking his head in defeat.

Eugh.

Tatsuma wanted to vomit, so so bad. From a mile away, it looked like the three were talking about him. Or even worse, making fun of him. His anxiety levels peaked, and he was clearly overthinking, making his stomach hurt. Plus, the ship floated on the sea without any steady pace or rhythm. That made it worse.

He finally arrived, and his face was already pale.

A silver-haired boy, which Tatsuma still didn't know the name of, around the same age of Tatsuma, scoffed.
"Hey! Why are ya' laughing at! Don't you dare underestimate Takasugi-kun!"

"Oh damn, it's coming...!"
Tatsuma thought to himself, while he trembled, his hand over his mouth.

"Oi! Stop giggling, bastard! We'll kick the rebel outta you! We'll give you divine punishment!"

Veins started growing on the dark-purple haired boy and the silver-haired boy's forehead as Tatsuma continued to tremble.

Tatsuma could not hold it in anymore. With a loud groan, he...

Puked all over the silver-haired boy and the other boy.

Tatsuma, completely f*cked up. Ahaha.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that. I got seasick, so I was starin' at the horizon. Didn't notice y'all there.. Ahaha! Oh, wait. Who are you two?"

...
"DIVINE PUNISHMENT!"
The two victims of Tatsuma's vomit screamed out in unison, beating him to a pulp.

"Aaaghhh!!! I'm SORRYYY!!"
Tatsuma cried out in pain as the two kicked and punched him repeatedly.

After he had been beaten up badly, the three introduced themselves.

"I'm Katsura Kotaro, also known as 'The Rampaging Noble'."
The boy with long hair and dark green armor spoke up politely.