042. blast from the past

Start from the beginning

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asked, sounding very dumb as he spoke. There's no way Vecna would be in there, it doesn't make sense.

If anything, he'd be in the Upside Down, he must be finding a way to get through or his mind is. Belly frowned a little, there has to be a way he's getting through, he's a creature of the Upside Down, that's where he'd be. "Guess we'll find out." Max just shrugged. 

"Ready?" Steve asked, now they've removed all the nails. Bella gasps when it falls to the floor with a loud bang, thudding and spraying up the leaves on the porch. It revealed the door. The stained glass window had faded over the years, although there is still some colour to it, some parts brighter then others, but the outline of the rose is still there. He jiggled the door knob, "Great. Should I knock, see if anybody's home?"

"No need." Robin grinned, wiggling a brick, "I found a key."

"Babe, no." Belly shook her head, "I've got a key that isn't vandalising government property that'll get us sent to jail for up to ten months." She sighed, walking towards the lock and knelt down, opening her bag to pick out the lock picking gear. She laid it out and got to work undoing it, and after a few moments, the door swung open with a loud creak, revealing the hallway. Isabella sighed, packing her gear up and shoving it in her bag. The group gave her weird looks, "What? We spend a lot of time breaking and entering, it'll be easier if we don't need to vandalise things, right? And it's better then using a rock and allowing access to any idiotic child who wants to get in, so yeah."

Slowly, they entered the house, closing the door behind them. Isabella looked around, it was clearly stuck in time. It was like stepping into the fifties. Wallpaper was starting to peel and mould, paintings were hung on a slant, everything is covered in a thick layer of dust and grim. Although, the floor seems relatively clean. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill." Lucas sighed, trying to flick on a lamp.

Dustin just flicks on his torch, Steve frowned, "Where'd everyone get those?"

"Do you need to be told everything?" Dustin asks, raising a brow at him and giving him a weird look, "You're not a child.'

"Thank you."

Henderson sighed out loudly, rolling his eyes and handed the man a torch from his bag of goodies. They split into groups and searched the house for clues, Max took Bella's hand and they went off down the corridor, shining their respective torches around. Max stopped in a second, spotting a grandfather clock that's still working, "Hey, guys. You all see that right?"

"Yeah." They all reply in unison.

"Is this what you saw?" Nancy asks, looking up at the menacingly tall clock. "In your visions?"

Max nods, squeezing the eldest Sinclair's hand tighter, "I mean, it's... just a clock." Robin mutters, her voice low and laced with dread. "Right?" She walks up to it and drags her hand over the dusty window, "Like a normal old clock."

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve questions, voicing their thoughts. "Maybe he's, like, a clockmaker or something?"

"I think you cracked the case, Steve." Dustin claps his back with a firm nod.

Nancy let out a soft sigh as Harrington rolled his eyes in disbelief and annoyance, "All I know is... the answers are here. Somewhere. Okay, everyone stay in groups of two. Robin, upstairs." Bella and Max naturally split off into a group of two, leaving Lucas, Dustin and Steve to search together. They could hear Dustin and Steve bickering up the stairs whilst the two girls searched the downstairs area. 

Max decided to put her music on as they searched, she felt Vecna's presence strongest in this house. It was a feeling she couldn't describe, but it was just a precaution, although, she's starting to get sick of Running Up That Hill constantly on repeat. As they entered a new room, it flicked off, "Damn, wish we had a longer loop."