New Horizons

Story will take place just before the events of arriving on the Xianzhou, so before that transmission from Kafka.

═══════════ ═══════════

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

[Persona]

═══════════ ═══════════
Arcane Masks
By BlueMajesty
Chapter 1 - New Horizons
═══════════ ═══════════

At the present time, a teenage boy no older than eighteen could be seen standing silently with one hand in his pocket, his other resting by his side.

The male had somewhat pale skin along with neat straight snow-white hair with blue pale undertones, along with wearing what appeared to be a black school uniform.

As for his location, it appeared to be a relatively large circular room with what looked to be murals depicting various strange situations.

However, one thing was in common with all of them, and it was that all of the murals had his own person depicted in one way or another.

The floor, walls, and even furniture in the room were all covered in various shades of blue velvet.

And as the male stood, a faint female voice could be heard echoing throughout the room accompanied by the sound of a piano.

"It was a cruel responsibility you held on your shoulders, but a necessary one nonetheless. This was the best choice."

As the male stood, the sound of an unfamiliar voice sounded. The male didn't move though, instead opting to continue staring at the mural ahead of him.

"Indeed it was." The male responded softly as he blinked his sapphire eyes. "No... it was the only choice. Despite discovering the truth, he never harboured any disdain towards me."

"He too realised that his sacrifice was necessary. And due to various anomalies, only with your guidance could this outcome have been realised."

"Perhaps, but having to guide my own companion down a road where his death was all but certain? It pains me to no end."

"But at the end of said journey, a greater future was born. Do you... have any regrets?"

"Regrets?"

The male muttered before glancing his eyes back to see a tall figure with an abnormally large nose sitting down on a fancy blue velvet chair.

"No matter the consequences that come forth from my decisions, I will never have regrets. All of my choices, all of my actions. I may disdain them, but I'll never regret them."

"I see..."

Igor, the man with the large nose who was talking to the young man, went silent for a moment before glancing at the murals around the room.

Each one depicted the most crucial and paramount events that occurred in the recent journey, all of which were the foundations leading to the climax.