FDM 3D PRINTING SERVICES

Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), also referred to as material extrusion additive manufacturing, employs polymers in the form of filaments as its raw material

Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), also referred to as material extrusion additive manufacturing, employs polymers in the form of filaments as its raw material. The filament is typically heated to a molten state and then extruded through the nozzle of the 3D printer. The nozzle head, capable of moving in three degrees of freedom, follows G-code instructions to deposit the extruded polymer layer by layer onto the build plate. The continuous feeding of the filament through the extruder and nozzle is facilitated by two rollers rotating in opposite directions.

The process continues until the desired shape and size of the product are achieved. Throughout the layering process, the 3D printer nozzle moves back and forth based on the spatial coordinates from the original CAD model in the G-code files. Some FDM systems incorporate multiple extrusion nozzles, particularly when compositional gradients are needed in the components.

The resolution and effectiveness of the extrusion process heavily rely on the properties of the thermoplastic filament. Consequently, various 3D printers are specifically designed for different filament materials. Many low-cost FDM 3D printers can only handle one type of thermoplastic, with polylactic acid (PLA) being the most common material.

After printing, the components are typically layered onto the build plate or platform. Once the printing is complete, they can be removed by snapping off or soaking in detergent, depending on the type of thermoplastic used. Subsequently, the printed components may undergo surface cleaning, sanding, painting, or milling to enhance both their appearance and functionality.

FOR MORE - https://www.locanam.com/fdm3dprinting