10 years later...
Eli and Mely stared at the bathroom mirror, dazed out by the ugly green dresses their cousin had picked out for them; they were bridesmaids and oh man, they wished they weren't.
"Mely," Eli says as she looks at her in the mirror. Mely looks at her back, "If I say I died just now, do I have to go?" Mely laughs loudly, "No," and walks out of the bathroom.
"Mely,. Aren't you excited?," Eli says, holding her puffy dress.
"Should I be? I look like a ball of moss." Mely says, slipping on her heels.
"a cute ball of moss," Eli says, throwing herself on the bed.
"Okay Eli"

"To my groom, I'm so thankful to have married you. There is never a day I don't go by where I'm not thankful for you, honey bear. And for a second, I thought I was gonna end up old and unmarried like Emelyn," the bride says. The crowd erupts in laughter. Mely softly smiles, and Eli looks at her, worried. Mely blocks out the rest of the speech.
The reception goes on, and the night rolls out, and everyone is dancing, and Mely is sipping her champagne. She hears a loud squeal, catching her attention to the noise. She looks over, and she sees a group around a tall man. She smiles and ignores it, but before she could look away, a familiar face makes eye contact with her.
And for a second, it felt like she could feel her heart skip a beat, and the air thickens.
"Jin," Mely breathes out. She quickly turns her head, acting like she didn't just see him. But somehow, her heart was beating in her ears, and her face flushed. Eli stomps to her with a cracker and cheese, "What the hell is this? We are Mexican, what in the white people food is this?" Eli says, shoving the cracker in her mouth. "Wh-what's wrong with you?" she asks, and Mely says nothing. It's like on cue her cousin walks up to them, "Emelyn and Elizabeth, I want to introduce you to my husband's boss," the cousin says, giggling. Mely wipes her hands and turns, and oh God, she wished she hadn't, "H-hi," Mely says. "Hello," Eli says. "Good evening," Jin says, holding his hand out for a handshake.
Mely wanted the world to swallow her whole and spit her out in a faraway place.
The rest of the night spent stealing glances at Jin as he laughed and danced and somehow, after 10 years of not seeing him, he looks the same, just older. He still laughs like Jin, smiles like Jin, and even after all those years, she never forgot about him. He is the reason she could never seem to fall asleep; weirdly dreaming of him, and mostly, regretting what she did to him all those years ago.
She knows she was young and dumb, but deep down, she knew, or at least she thoughts she did, it was the right idea to leave, wasn't it? They could have gotten married, she could have had him with her and still made her life. She spent those years without him living with regret, and just as she thought she could forget about him, here he was, standing in front of her. In front of her....
"It's been a while, Mely," the man says, holding a glass. Mely, broken from her thoughts, looks up at the tall man. "Oh yes, it has been," Mely speaks out, feeling her voice so small."How have you been? What has it been? 10 years hasn't it?" Jin softly laughs and looks at her, and Mely can't help but want to hold his face in her hands, but she doesn't.
"I've been well,you know just work, boring stuff," Mely says.
"I feel you there. If it's not work, then it's just Maple Story," Jin says.
"Oh my goodness, you still play that? That's so cute." Mely laughs, laughing as she realizes she said that.
"Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like that." she quickly adds.
Jin laughs, "I know, but it's so addictive. Remember how I once made you try to play it, and you gave up 5 minutes in?" Mely and Jin laugh together at the memory.
Then, Jin, with a curious tilt of his head, asks, "So, do you live around here now?"
Mely nods, her eyes lighting up with excitement, "Yes, actually, I co-own a coffee shop downtown with Marilyn."
Jin bursts into laughter, "Oh man, Marilyn really? That's amazing! I can't imagine you two running a place together. Must be the coolest spot in town."

"Mely," Eli says as the two were laughing. Mely turns to her, and Eli apologizes to Jin for interrupting. "Our Uber is here."
The two let out an "Oh," and Mely speaks softly, "Well, Jin, it was wonderful to see you again."
Jin smiles softly at her, "Likewise."