Annoying Orange

________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I apologise for ignoring you Natsukawa... I was just shocked." While I don't see the need to apologise to her, given how this body used to act it would be strange if I completely brush it off.

"So you were ignoring me! ~hmpf~ actually it's better if you do that from now on. You're a bother."

"...."

Natsukawa walked off after that, It's a wonder how she didn't notice I called her by her last name when this body usually calls her first. Well... that may be better for me anyway, I don't see a need to continue acting in the way this body did before. It's very— demeaning.

Withdrawing from my thoughts, I headed towards where 'my' classroom should be. It's honestly strange referring to anything currently as my own. ~Sigh~

I shouldn't have been too far behind Natsukawa so I don't think I'm late. I ended up getting distracted taking in the scenery outside. It's surreal realising I can see this every day from now on. Though, I have to be careful managing interpersonal relationships from now on since I'm quite different from the original Wataru.

"Alright, one second too late."

"I apologise ma'am it won't happen again." It appears my sight seeing caused me to be late. From 'my' memories this should not cause me to earn this teacher's ire as she is used to these sort of antics. For the first time in my life I felt both annoyance and relief. Annoyance by the fact I have to deal with the reputation the original left for me, and relief that I won't have to deal with any problems with teachers due to said reputation.

"Is it because you keep chasing Natsukawa-san's ass... hm? Natsukawa-san is already here? How rare, did something happen?"

"No, nothing in particular. I was simply late."

"Really? Simply don't be late then!" she attempted to hit me with her binder, but.....

~Fwip~ I caught it and her eyes widened slightly.

"You! You should've just accepted your punishment like a good little Sajou-kun! ~sighs~ Whatever.. just go to your seat." The class chuckled at our interaction.. but I can't help but think her phrasing was strange.

While walking to my seat, the other students were teasing me and poking me. I casually glanced at Natsukawa, but she grumpily turned her face away.

'Is she perhaps still annoyed by the fact I ignored her?' Refusing to think about it any longer than necessary I took my seat and faced the teacher.

Currently I was ignoring the teacher while gathering my thoughts seeing as it was just morning assembly. 'Should I hold back? I no longer have to worry about the whiteroom so I do actually need to do well to secure myself a good future. What DO I want to do in the future though?' I had never actually entertained the thought of wanting to do something as I deemed it unnecessary since I would be forced to go back to the whiteroom.

My initial plan for Kōdo Ikusei was to hold back and strive for normality since my time would be limited; however, Now I do need to do well enough to ensure I don't end up on the streets. Another added bonus is the fact I have now technically experienced normality all my life. Though it may not be my memories... it is still there.

'I suppose I won't hold back.' While I won't go flaunting everything I can do.. I won't hold back academically. This is to somewhat salvage this already muddled reputation. I should also plan a workout schedule to regain some of my former strength, seeing as this current body condition feels..... Pitiful. 'Am I perhaps annoyed by the fact I am currently weak? If only that man could see how far the masterpiece had fallen.'

________________________________________________

"Hey, you, did you actually get hurt?"

"No, I'm alright."

After the morning assembly, Natsukawa came in front of me and asked me to stand up. 'Does she perhaps have some other purpose?' ─── She didn't. She looked me up and down to confirm whether I was injured or not.

'Why is she suddenly so kind to me... based on my memories she should dislike me quite a bit seeing as the original was brutally rejected every time. ~sigh~ Why couldn't the original take a hint.'

While looking at Natsukawa's back as she was leaving, I heard her mumble, 'I wasted my time worrying about you!',~sigh~ Natsukawa.. I don't recall ever asking you to care or worry about me. Again I am reminded what I have to deal with due to the original's incompetence

"How troublesome." I mutter before preparing for the next class.... Not that I need it.

________________________________________________

Author note: With that out of the way this should be some base interactions done and solidifying how kiyo is gonna act, as always y'all know the drill. Drop suggestions in the comments, alongside any errors you may find with my grammar. Also.. should I try to make the chapters longer?

Love y'all

pce out.