Fourteen - The Plan

Start from the beginning

"Yea, I think" Melo shrugs

"You should know, but okay" I wave off his carelessness and continue "Now in your finances- wait, do you ever look at your finances and your payroll and everything?"

"Nah, I let JJ and Christian handle all that"

"So you just let them play in yo bank account?"

"Play? They don't 'play' in my bank account. They just distribute the money to my payroll and then take their share before giving the rest to me"

"And so you're aware that you have a sixth person on your team? A sixth person that does absolutely nothing?"

"No, I don't" he shakes his head

"Well that's what your finance says," I pull papers out and begin circling recurring payments to an anonymous bank account, showing Melo

"No, there's only five people on my team"

"That you know of. Look" I go down the line of payments, putting a number by each one "Number one, that's JJ. Number two is David. Then for three, Laney. Four, Katherine. Five, Christian. And then look-" I circle a sixth payment and show Melo "There's a sixth payment to a mystery person"

"Okay, well who is that?"

"I don't know" I shrug and flip back to the beginning of the payments "And this goes back all the way to 2019 when you first started handling your own finances without Lavar's guiddance"

"So... I'm not understanding" Melo looks at me confused

"Here's  the catch tho, I was looking into Lavar's finances as well- and I went like way far back, like back to Allen in 2019"

"So you're saying Allen is stealing from me?"

"No, I'm saying that I learned the history of your families familiarity with embezzlement and people crossing you. So, it seems weird to me that yall would let someone embezzle and steal from you again but... here we are" I sigh and scratch my head while looking through the papers

"What?"

"I went through all the files from before Allen's embezzlement all the way up to now and I found that back in 2018, when you were at Spire is when your dad created this team of yours and in the original team was four people- JJ, Christian, Katherine, and your old agent- Amber. When you graduated and went to Australia you added a person to the team, Laney. Who put Laney on the payroll?"

"I did"

"No- I mean who physically went into the computer and carved out her cut. Like literally added her to the payroll"

"I would assume Christian since he's in charge of finance"

"Okay" I make a mental note of that and then continue on wit my explanation "So, when Laney gets her first check is when the sixth person magically appears on your team and gets paid the same amount as Laney"

"So it's Laney"

"Boi, hush- it's not that simple" I wave him off and continue on my tangent "Laney doesn't have access to your finance, only JJ and Christian do"

"So it's JJ and Christian?"

"Lamelo, shut up and let me explain all of this before I get to who did"

"Well, hurry up and spit it out"

"You're aware that Amber's trying to sue you right now, right?"

"Very aware"

"And you're aware that she'll most likely win because what she's saying is absolutely true?"