Cassie wasn't blind to the fact that Kiara and JJ had been spending a lot more time together. She knew JJ liked Kiara, and she also knew he'd never acted on those feelings. Too stubborn to admit it.

"Sometimes I forget you two are siblings." Kiara says. "Seriously."

"Me too." Cleo adds, gesturing to Kiara in agreement.

"You're so level-headed, and thoughtful, and—" Kiara starts, rambling on with her hands. "And he's so impulsive. He refuses to just take a second and breathe and think and it drives me actually crazy."

Cassie looked at her, thinking for a moment. She weighs her options before speaking. "Do you think maybe..." she shrugs casually. "You should talk to him and like— express that calmly and—"

"No." Kiara shakes her head with a frown. "I didn't do anything wrong. He can come talk to me."

Cassie knew that was coming. "Right." She nods, turning to Cleo where they exchange knowing glances.

"Hey." Sarah's voice follows the sound of the back porch door. She smiles at everyone as she comes down the steps. "Thanks for waiting, um. Look who decided to come home."

Cassie hops off the tree branch as John B follows after Sarah down the steps. A series of 'heys' and 'welcome backs' echo throughout the group.

JJ stayed at his spot on the porch as they passed him.

"I have something I want to share with you guys." Sarah says, after the group gathered around her. "I can get us down to the Orinoco."

"Are you serious?" Pope says.

Sarah nods, excited. "Yeah."

"Okay... and how's that gonna happen?" Cleo asks.

"My dad's gonna let us use the plane." She answers.

"Ward? Your dad?" Pope says.

Cassie glances at JJ, who was slowly making his way to the circle, hesitant. He looks at John B, then to Cassie. All three of them uneasy, unsure.

"We lay low tonight, and then we can head out in the morning." Sarah nods.

"Okay, that's a lot to process. Your dad. Actually helping us." Pope says.

"I talked to him. He'll do it." Sarah says.

"So we trusting Ward now?" Cleo looks around the group.

Kiara nods. "Trust Sarah."

Cassie watches as JJ shakes his head, and turns to leave.

"But wait, I also just— have one more thing to say. Um—since we've gotten back. From the island. I've done some things that I regret. A lot." Sarah says, nervously fumbling with her hands.

John B clears his throat after a moment. "Yeah, I— I feel like we've all done a few things that we regret."

And then JJ scoffs, and Cassie whips her head towards him with a searing glare.