Ep 5: Missing Piece

Beginne am Anfang

We all gave each other a smirk knowing that we already got a plan going.

"It's being shipped by train to Raleigh from there, but this is our chance to get it back."

"You get any other information?" Pope asked her.

"Uh, Sarah got the cargo number" Kie held up the paper

"Okay, that's a start." "Yeah"

"They're definitely fencing that shit as we speak. So we should probably get a move on."

"Sarah, you hear anything from John B?" I asked her

"No, I mean, he's probably off somewhere with his dad. But the problem is they have the Twinkie."

"Our transportation."

"I could ask Hayward for the truck."

"Uh, what? Yeah, that's gonna go well."

"No way, uncle G will kill you. We can use my car" I tell them

"No way, I can't let you risk it with your dad."

"I'm already going to be risking it when I ask to go on another treasure hunt." I tell him getting up from sitting on the cooler.

"Well let's all go and see what ride we can get and then met back up later." Pope said and we all agreed saying goodbye to each other and we all head out. I was walking over to my car when I felt familiar hands wrapping around my shoulders.

"You coming with me babe?"

"Where are you off to?" He asked as he unwrapped his arms from around me.

"Gotta go handle some music business stuff and then convince dad to let me go out again" I tell him as I open the front door and get in.

"You coming?"

"Nah I'm gonna head out with Kie. She wants me to help convince her parents to let her back out for later." He tells me tapping on my roof.

"Okay. I'll see you later then baby, call if you need me."

"Will do princess." he gave me a kiss goodbye before closing my door and running off to join Kie. I start my car up and I backed out the driveway and went down the road. To the meeting spot. Hopefully it won't take long.

I was supposed to meet Dad and Damon down at a local food stop. It's been a good while since I've ate OBX foods and I was excited to have some. I pulled into a parking spot, got out and locked to door.

I walked inside and I spotted Dad and Damon. I went over, I gave Damon a hug before I sat down in the both with Dad.

"Hey Nala, it's good to see you alive and kicking." Damon told me

"It's good to be back" I tell him

"So I wanted to discuss with you about your music, if you're still interested in it."

"Yes, yes of course I'm still interested in it. And I'm sorry for the whole disappearing thing." I apologized

"It's alright, Boss said he's seen some artists do worst. But he's gonna let you get situated back into life before everything."

"Okay thank you."

"Yeah, I'll be back in one to two weeks to see you and get started on making some songs. So we can get some money in."