Chapter 5: The Whomping Willow

Start from the beginning

"No problem." Ron lied. Ron shifted the gear and with a great jolt, the car lifted from the ground. "There. See. Now I reckon all we have to do is find the Hogwarts Express and follow it. Simple."

Harry nodded, not entirely convinced. He peered out the window. Down below, two pedestrians stare in disbelief. "Uh, Ron. I should tell you. Most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing a flying car." Harry told him.

"Right." Ron pressed a tiny silver button on the dashboard and they disappeared from sight. Down below, the baffled pedestrians blinked.

"How is that, not one of the first things you do." Severus shook his head.

***

Camera started in the clouds, passing through, and found Scotland's stunning green. The Anglia's engine puttered softly, when the car reappeared. Ron jabbed at the silver button. "Uh oh. The Invisibility Booster must be faulty." Ron said. Camera zoomed along the ridge of a cliff. The car reappeared from above, gliding away from camera. "Any sign of the train?" He asked.

"Of course, it's faulty." Lucius muttered.

"Why do you hate Mr Weasley so much?" Harry asked.

"Bad blood between us. He knows what he did." Lucius answered

"There! Up ahead! Look..." Harry pointed along a steep bridge; a single line of train tracks appeared.

"Brilliant." Ron smiled. Ron shifted the gear and the car glided down, until the Anglia was only a few feet above the tracks. The boys peered ahead, looking for the train.

"I have to admit, his driving isn't that bad for an eleven-year-old." Barty whispered to Regulus, who nodded in response.

"It must be around here someplace." Ron said, looking ahead.

Behind them, through the Anglia's rear window, the Hogwarts Express appeared, closing fast. Harry and Ron perked up and smiled.

"Do you hear that?" Harry asked. Then, at precisely the same moment, Harry and Ron registered the direction of the sound. They glanced at each other, turn as one and saw the train growing huge in the rear window.

"Watch out!" James warned.

"Aaaahhhhh!" The boys screamed.

Ron spun the wheel, putting his foot to the gas and - at the last possible second - whipped the Anglia out of the train's path. The car waffled, toppled upside down briefly, before tilting onto its side. As it past under the bridge, Harry slid down across his seat, into the door, and... out. Dangling upside-down from the open door, he watched the Hogwarts Express zip past and, in one window, glimpsed Neville and Seamus, mouths open in astonishment.

"My baby!" Lily and Molly yelled.

"Take my hand!" Ron yelled. Harry gripped Ron's hand and eyed the train steaming far below. It's quite a drop. Harry's fingers begun to lose their grip. "Hold on!"

"Don't you dare let go!" Lily demanded.

"I'm trying! Your hand's all sweaty!" Harry responded. Straining, Ron yanked him inside, levelling off the car. As Harry fell heavily into his seat, he buckled his safety belt. "I think we found the train." Harry commented.

"You think!" James said, sarcastically.

***

The screen changed to show Zoe walking past the compartments. "Find the trolley lady." She stopped walking. "Note to self: Find out trolley lady's real name."