There were many times Callie had grown tired and had expressed to him that she didn't want to continue to have sex with strangers.

Chuckie had beaten her so badly over her complaining that she never said it again and introduced her to meth which dulled her dreams even more. In some way, he was able to control Callie, and the way in how easily he had been able to do it was scary. Very, and no one realized just how bad it was for her.

If Callie had not met Chuckie, would she have such hatred towards Stef and Lena? Would she have had Faith and gotten pregnant? Would she be so deep in drugs and back in Chowchilla accusing Stef and Lena along with Mike of ridiculous accusations?

No one knew, and it continued to just be the most heartbreaking waste of a life that saddened her whole family.

Despite Stef and Lena telling Pete not to visit Callie, he had, just like he finally answered, her phone calls again. Part of him was hoping to God he could somehow convince her to take her meds and get off drugs. If not for herself but for her three children, and maybe it would lead him to get Chuckie.

Sure, Pete felt Stef and Lena should adopt Baby Stef and Faith, for sure, but he wanted Callie to get better, and her state of mind and her condition hurt his soul.

FLASHBACK

"PETE! I knew you loved me! I knew it!" The girl said as Pete's heart broke again, seeing the girl's face was busted up, and her lips were very cracked and bleeding. She continued to look emaciated and had lost another tooth since he had seen her last. Pete just wanted to grab her hand and hold it.

"How are you, Callie?"

"I'm good, Pete. Real good. You get Baby Stef and Faith yet from that cunt mother of mine? How is Andrew?? I think I can get us a place in the Keys!" She says smiling as Pete continues to feel his stomach turn at the site of her and what she continues to ramble about. Nothing that made a bit of sense.

"When I get out of here! I started to drill a hole in the wall, ya know?"

"Drew made this for you. Early Mother's Day collage." Pete says sliding a photo collage over to her as she sees it's a photo of herself playing the guitar. It looked as if Baby Stef was around five as she sat beside her smiling. Andrew was just a baby, but Callie could feel her stomach turn and twist at the site, not recognizing the person she once was.

Her hair was very long and wavy, she was smiling wide like she used to, she had a pretty sweater on and jeans and her nails and toes were painting. There was joy and love about her, and the contrast to how she looked and acted now was heartbreaking.

"What is this, Pete? I asked you if you got Baby Stef and Faith yet. Not for some photo."

"I know, your son made this for you. He drew the hearts all around it and asked me when he could hear you sing again Cals. You know Baby Stef sings, writes her own music, and plays a few instruments." Pete says as Callie glares hard at him scratching up her arm.

"I'm working on getting them back PETE!! What do you think I'm asking you to help me with? I ..I haven't had time to play some music. I don't play music and stuff. It's the devil. Chuckie said so. He said it does nothing for my mind. And that's why I was messed up before. He said this is the real Callie! This is the real me! And that other version of me that Stef and Lena created was shit!"

"So, when we were together it wasn't the real you?" Pete asks as Callie laughs now and grins at Pete.

"I suck dick better now Petey. I fuck better too if you wanna taste." She grins. "OR are you shy like Jude? Mike isn't shy that's for sure." She scuffs as Pete shakes his head staring back at the girl he once loved so much.