Custody Transfer

In Los Angeles, California, Daniel, Alex, Lacey, and Alex's girlfriend, Mariah are having a double date at an Applebee's restaurant. It was pretty chill, and it was a fun event for all parties as the sassy southern belle was telling a story to everyone about how she fixed a broken down car that was in a junkyard. Suddenly, Daniel's phone rings from his pocket as the others are engaged with each other; Daniel pulled out his phone and it was revealed to be the one person that he didn't want to talk to, his ex, Brandie.

Alex: Yo, you good bro?

Daniel: It's Brandie, she wants to talk to me. I don't know what she wants though.

Mariah: Decline the call then. She is ruining a perfect dinner.

Alex: What if it's about Tina? You know that Brandie wouldn't call unless it is about Tina.

Mariah nods as Lacey is confused on who Brandie and Tina are, Daniel goes to the bathroom in order to accept the call, Alex sees Lacey's confusion.

Alex: Brandie is Daniel's bitch of an ex-girlfriend, who only got together with him because he was popular in high school, and right before he went to the marines, Brandie had broken up with him claiming that he had already reached his potential in high school, and it was so funny hearing her screams when mom beat her ass.

Lacey: Then what about Tina?

Mariah: Tina is his daughter, he tried to fight for custody but Brandie's father bought off the judge to rule in her favor, and he was rich.

Lacey was about to ask a question but Alex could already tell what she was about to ask.

Alex: They had sex in the 1st semester of their senior year, and Brandie didn't cheat, so it was already known that Tina was Daniel's kid. But now, Brandie and Daniel only talk about their daughter.

Lacey nods in understanding as Daniel comes back with a huge smile on his face as Alex and Mariah are now confused on why Daniel was like this.

Mariah: Okay, explain.

Daniel: Well, it's good news for all of us, but that wasn't Brandie, that was her mother, who is the sweetest person on earth, honestly I don't know why she didn't break it off with the asshole. But, Brandie had gotten in a drunk driving incident, and *fake sadness* unfortunately cannot take care of Tina.

Alex high fives Daniel as Mariah practically burst into a cheer as Lacey is shocked at this.

Lacey: What about-

Daniel: I already know Alex and Mariah told you about Tina and that means my baby girl is in my custody, even if Brandie recovers!

Alex: Holy shit!

Mariah: You know that Steph and Hunter is going to be happy as hell.

Daniel: Of course, it's their grandchild.

The rest of the date went well as everybody is enjoying the time  of their life. As Daniel is thanking god for this opportunity.