Chapter 27: There Are Children Around

Start from the beginning

Tony- We know. Sorry.

Layla plopped down next to me on the couch and Tony sat on the edge by Shashi.

Shashi- Nice black eye dude.

Tony- Thanks.

Gary took George out of the carrier and let him crawl on the floor. He crawled around the back of the table and sat right in front of Layla.

Layla- What's up little man?

She leaned over and picked him up. Tony's eyes lit up as soon as she picked up the baby. Shashi noticed and nudged him.

Shashi- When are you two gonna have one of those?

Tony- Uhh.

Layla- Mind your own fucking business, Shashi.

Ms. Nowhere- Language! There is a child present!

Shashi- Just to be clear, are we referring to Frostee or...

Frostee- Hey!

Cisco- Wait. Where are the younger spies? Why aren't they here?

Ms. Nowhere- I sent them to the agency training camp. You remember, don't you Echo?

Echo- Oh yeah. I remember that terrible place.

Tony- You didn't even tell us?

Cisco- That's not cool man!

Tony- They are family! They should be in on this too!

Ms. Nowhere- Listen. There is only so much you can learn from watching. They need to have hands-on experience. If they are ever supposed to become their own team, they need a lot of practice.

Tony- You could have at least warned us. We didn't even get to say goodbye.

Ms. Nowhere- ENOUGH! We have intel on our own mission! Pay attention! Gary!

Gary turned on the TV to show a map of a mountain range. Four pins were marking different locations.

Ms. Nowhere- Rafaela was last seen headed towards this mountain range. These are all the possible locations she could be at.

Frostee- How did you figure that out? Has she done anything?

Ms. Nowhere- Not that we know of.

Layla- So we're chasing a ghost?

Cisco- Ghost!? I'm totally out if there are ghosts!

Echo- Seriously?

Frostee- I don't get it. Why did Rafaela attack a restaurant?

Layla- Exactly. She destroyed a random restaurant, had no clue we were there, and then disappeared? It makes no sense.

Tony stood up and began walking out the open garage door.

Ms. Nowhere- Where do you think you're going?

Tony- Back to the restaurant to look for clues.

Layla- Slow down Sancho.

Layla stood up and held George on her hip.

Echo- He does have a good point. Maybe there's something at the restaurant that'll tell us why she was there.

Ms. Nowhere- Okay. You three go back to the restaurant. Frostee, see what you can find about the restaurant.

Frostee- On it.

Echo- Great. Stuck with the love birds.

Shashi- Why am I not doing anything?

Cisco- Yeah! What about us?

Ms. Nowhere- You two can go look at those locations on the map, and see if Rafaela is or was there.

Cisco- Okay!

Gary- We can go with them!

Julius- Oh yes! Please Ms. Nowhere!

Ms. Nowhere- Sure. Go. Take Frostee too. Research on the hauler database.

Tony, Layla, and Echo started walking to their cars before Ms. Nowhere stopped them.

Ms. Nowhere- Layla. My baby.

Layla- Oh right. Sorry.

Ms. Nowhere- If you want one so bad, go talk to Toretto.