Chapter Two

My eyes slowly opened, a soft groan left me. I slowly sat up, this time feeling more comfortable. My heart raced as I memories replayed in my mind. I had fallen from heaven into hell with no explanation as to why. I got badly injured. I even made a deal with a demon. "Finally awake are we?" Speaking of. I glanced over at the bedroom door, in the entry way was Alastor. "How are you feeling?" He asks. I look back at my once injured wing, it was healed over.

Though, a few feathers were missing from the now scar that was left from the protruding bone. I look down at my legs next, they were healed as well. I wasn't as sore as I was before, thankfully. I look over to Alastor before speaking. "I'm fine." I tell him. Alastor approaches the bed to look over my wing. "I see I haven't lost my touch." He says smugly. I avoid his eyes, unsure of what to say. What was there to say? My eyes trail to a window across the room. I could still see the pentagon, ever bright in the crimson sky.

And far up above past it, would be heaven. "Alastor?" The demon hums in response. "I can go back now right? I can fly again, can't I?" I asked. "You could try." Alastor began. "However, I advise against it. I might have set the bone back into place and healed it, but I can't say if it wouldn't break again if you tried flapping your wings. Hollow bones can be very tricky. Flying might not be the best idea at the moment." I didn't like hearing that, and yet he went on. "But let's say you could fly right now. How would you escape hell?" I look at him, trying to answer, but couldn't find the words.

Surely I could have just flown up couldn't I? But now that I really thought about it, if the winged demons have not found their way into heaven by flying upward...How could have I? "Not even Lucifer himself can leave this place. There is only one person who can grant you entrance into heaven. And I think you know who."

"God." I sigh. "I don't even know why I'm here. Surely god has not casted me out purposefully." Alastor only shrugs. "Who can say? But I did promise I'd help you find a way, and I intend to keep my word."

"Not to offend. But how are you going to pull that off?" I asked. "Perhaps I could convince your god to reconsider?" Alastor says with a laugh. Right, like god would listen to a demon of all people. "You're going to convince god to let me back into heaven? I don't think that will work." I say, clear hesitation in my tone. "My dear, you'd be surprised by just what I can do." Alastor said lowly, the static in his voice sharpening for a moment. That put me at such unease, a shiver ran up my spine.

"I do believe I should do a bit of explaining. It might make things a little easier. We will be apart of each others afterlife for a while, might as well get to know each other." Alastor then went on about just who he was and what his status meant in this place. He was an overlord, well known for all the terrible reasons, and feared by all. When he was gone talking about himself, he waited for me to tell him about myself. "Um well. I was quite the boring person while I was alive, I must admit." I started.

"I grew up in a small town, worked a simple job, and attended church every week." I tell him. "I never did drugs or drank. I tried my best to keep myself in god's light. Be the best version of myself I could be. And I was given paradise after death as a result. It was my devotion to god that allowed me to enter the gates of heaven. That only further confuses me as to why I ended up here. I was a good person. I was...Wasn't I?" I trailed off, not realizing the silence that followed until Alastor spoke up. "Afraid I can't answer that." He says with a shrug. "But I can't say this much. While you're here, you might as well forget that "good person" behavior of yours. That means nothing in this place. The sinners out there will eat you alive." He smirks.

"And your appearance won't help you either. An angel like you? You'll be hunted down and then who knows what will happen to you then. Well, I can think of a few things. You wouldn't like it if I told you though."

"No...I don't think I would..." I muttered. "So, am I suppose to stay here then? Hidden?" I asked. "Perhaps." Alastor says before falling silent to think. After a minute his grin widens. "Or perhaps not! I can disguise you, that way you can blend in with the rest of the scum out there." My expression turns into one of confusion. "You can? How?" I asked. Alastor took my hand and stood me up off the bed. "It's a simple trick I know. This won't take long at all, just..." Alastor waved his hand, and just like that a necklace appeared out of thin air.

I took it from him and stared at it for a moment

I took it from him and stared at it for a moment. It was pretty, I admit. "Go on then." Alastor insisted. I glance at him before looking down at the necklace one more time before finally putting it on.

I gasped as I felt my body change. It was painless, but still felt odd as it happened. After a few seconds the feeling subsided. "My, get a look at you!" Alastor looks me up and down. He leads me to a full length mirror, and once again I felt air leaving my lungs as I stare at my own reflection. My skin was now a pale blue, that blended into black on my arms and legs, down to my hands and feet. My (color) hair, now an inky black. My white feathered wings, now dark bat wings. I wore a knee length black and white dress with long puffy sleeves. And my eyes, the whites of them were filled black, only broken by my white pupils. As I spoke, I could see sharp teeth peaking out from behind my lips.

"I look so...demonic." I mutter. "But of course! That's the point isn't it?" Alastor pats my shoulder. "Now, I have matters to attend to. I hope you don't mind tagging along." I turn to face him. "Just what matters exactly?" I ask warily. "Tending to a hotel along with a few colleagues of mine." That...That's it? Working at a hotel? "Oh um. Ok, sure. I'll try and keep out of the way."

"Then let's be off!" Alastor takes hold of my hand before snapping his fingers. And within seconds, we were at the doors of a hotel. I look up at the building. "Hazbin Hotel? How...fitting?" Alastor chuckles before leading me inside. Right away we're we're met with a demon, a rather cheerful one at that.

"Welcome back Alastor! We could use all the help we can get to...day. Oh, hello." The looks to me. She was around my height. She had long blonde hair, and wide red eyes. Her rosy cheeks defined as she smiles. She straightens out her red pantsuit uniform trying to look a bit more presentable. "What's your name?" She asks politely, which I was surprised by. "Y/n." I tell her. "Nice to meet you Y/n. I'm Charlie." She holds out her hand for me to shake. I take it, her grip was shockingly gentle. "Are you here for a chance for redemption?"

"Excuse me?" I ask, blinking owlishly.