"Yes Gankee. I'm fine." Miles threw his hood over his head and crossed his arms. Gankee didn't pry any further after that.

      The team "oohed" and "ahhed" as they looked around the nice hotel. Complete with a basketball court for their before game practices. Gankee went off to the hotel rooms with a few other extras and the basketball team dressed and began to practice. Miles stood in the middle of the court lost in his own world until he was hit in the head with a basketball. "Oi! Morales! Get your head in the game! What's wrong with you?" His coach shouted at him from the sidelines. "Nothin' coach..." Miles responded.

"He's just moping 'cause his dad won't be here to see him play. Or his mentor." One of the kids said in a mocking tone. "Shut up James!" The coach scolded. "Morales. Nobody cares about your family issues! Get into the game or you're out!" Miles quickly nodded his head in understanding and readied himself for the ball that was to come.

After practice the team showered then cooled off in the hotel's pool. Then they had dinner and went to bed. The next morning the team headed to the indoor stadium to set up their lockers and get familiar with the new surroundings.

The time then came for the game to start. The bleachers were starting to fill up with fans and parents. Even Principal Evans was there. Miles knew it was useless, but he scanned the seats for any sign of Peter. He found his mom and his uncle Aaron. Which he was grateful for, but he didn't see Peter. He sighed and turned his attention to the court as the referee strutted onto the wood floor. Followed by the cheerleaders. "Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and girls," the announcer began. Voice booming from the loudspeakers. "The time we've all been waiting for. Our reoccurring favorite team. The Statenfield Academy Sharks!" The crowd cheered loudly. "Versus! The Brooklyn Visions Dolphins." There were like ten people in the crowd that actually cheered enthusiastically. And Rio just had to embarrass her son. "Go Miles!" Total embarrassment. "Alright team. Huddle up," the coach called. "This is our first game of the week. If we don't win this then we're going home for my pride's sake. So we gotta win. Dolphins in three. One. Two. Three!"

"Dolphins!" "Why are we named after animals?" Someone said. Miles was the only one that heard him and he shrugged. "Let's do this!"

The game went on and every once in a while, Miles scanned the crowd for a certain someone. To make a long story short they won the first game. "When we say B.V.A! You say Dolphins!" The cheerleaders started. "B.V.A!" "Dolphins!" The crowd finished. Miles smiled as Gankee rushed onto the court with his mom and uncle Aaron. "That's what I'm talking about young blood." Aaron smiled and gave his nephew a fist bump.

"Dude. That winning shot was fire!" Gankee squeezed Miles tightly. "Great job Miles." Rio rubbed Miles' shoulder. "So. How about some ice cream?" Gankee asked Rio. "I don't know. Miles? Want ice cream?" Miles shook his head and headed to the locker room. "I'm good. Peter never showed up did he?"

"No Miles. I'm sorry honey."

"It's alright. I'm tired and sweaty anyway. See ya'll later." Miles threw them a peace sign with his fingers then was out of sight. Rio sighed and hoped that Miles would do alright in the next game.

      Saturday night the announcer announced the two teams. "And now. B.V.A won last night." Miles heard Principal Evans cheer. "But tonight we have the Brooklyn Vision Dolphins versus the Midtown High Tigers. New York verse New York! Who will take the crown?" No matter how hard he tried Miles couldn't keep his head in the game. "Looks like number 13 can't focus!" The announcer called. Miles didn't have time to react just as his Spider Sense warned him of the oncoming danger.

He hit the ground with a groan and a thud. "Ooh! Number 13 on the Dolphins down. B.V.A calling for a technicality. Looks like number 8 on the Tigers did it on purpose. Miles couldn't move as pain seared through his body. "Looks like you gotta stay focused Morales." Someone said mockingly. He felt himself being pulled onto his feet painfully. "And number 2 is back up. And... the Dolphins are asking for a timeout!" Miles was pulled off the court rather forcefully. "Look son. You're one of the best players we've got. But you gotta stay focused man." His coach scolded.

"I'm trying coach." Miles answered. He really was trying. "Well try harder. Now get back out there and play. Show New York who's the better team." The coach patted him on the shoulder and Miles jogged back onto the court "The ref is putting number eight out! Back to the game!"

The game was tied. So they called for a five minute play over. B.V.A lost. Miles just wasn't in it and may have missed a pass or two. Or three. "Thanks a lot Morales." One of his teammates spat.

      Sunday night was the last game in Jersey and Miles wasn't even sure if he wanted to play anymore. But they still put him out there. He tried to play but he just didn't want to anymore. "Come on hijo!!!" Rio tried to encourage him. Even Miles' grandmother came from Puerto Rico to watch him. "You've got this B.V.A!" Principal Evans called. His uncle shook his head in awkward dissapointment. Miles shrugged off the embarrassment and tried to make them proud. He wanted to make them proud. But he just couldn't. "Halftime!" The announcer called. The Dolphins and the Platypuses switched to opposite sides of the court. Miles' coach pulled him aside before the play clock started. Then he smacked him. "Get. Your. Head. In. The game. We need you. And you're acting like your dog just died."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Good. Now get out there and win! All of you get out there and win this game. Or I'm gonna have to find a whole new team." The two teams jogged onto the court as the ref held the ball in the air. Miles shook his head and remembered that even his abuela and his uncle were there. He smiled and found that spark again.

"That's what I'm talking about Morales!" His coach cheered excitedly. Happy Miles was playing like he usually did. Beyond expectations. Miles scored a basket for his team and couldn't help but smile slightly. It had been a while since he's scored. Some of the disappointment went away with the sweet taste of something to be proud of. "Great job Miles!" Miles froze at the sound of the voice. At first he shrugged it off, but curiosity got the better of him and he looked into the crowd. Miles beamed. Peter was sitting there next to Gankee smiling widely. Miles smiled and went on to play the game better than he had before.

B.V.A won their last game, and the crowd went wild.

Miles rushed off the court after the game and immediately found Peter. He threw himself into his mentor's arms. "Uh, Miles. Do you know how sweaty you are right now." Peter teased lightly.

"It doesn't matter. You came. You came to see me play..."

"Yeah. Well. I figured it was about time I kept my promise. Will you forgive me for not doing so before?" Miles nodded and took a few steps back. "Yeah. I forgive you. I still can't believe you came."

"Yeah. Me neither. But MJ convinced me to take a break. Then your mom convinced me to come watch you play. And I'm so glad I did. You did amazing Miles." Miles looked away and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Technically the whole team played great."

"True. But you still did a great job. And from now on. I'll be at your games. Just to be the person that embarrasses you the most." Miles groaned as Peter laughed in amusement. "Anyway. You up to some ice cream? Your mom's paying." Miles shook his head.

"Maybe later. After I take a nap and shower." Miles walked back to the stadium with a huge smile on his face. Happy that Pete finally came through.

A/n: I know very little about basketball. Most of what's going on in the games are taken from American Football. So I apologize to any basketball players out there. Thank you for reading!!!

 Thank you for reading!!!