Another smile from Minho, this one sweet and small and aimed at Jisung. Another silence; again, sweet, and small, and interrupted by Jisung.

"You go the college on the other side of the neighbourhood, right?" Jisung wasn't sure why he was asking when he already knew. 

"Yeah. Me, Seungmin, Felix and Jeongin. Hyunjin's the only one who goes here."

Jisung nodded thoughtfully. That explained why he hadn't seen anyone except Hyunjin before that first party he had gone to.

He was about to ask another question when Minho stopped by the bus stop they had arrived at. 

Jisung had to bite his tongue to stop every thought coming out at once. The main one: I don't want you to go. Not yet

Joined by a thousand others, none of which were exactly what Jisung wanted to say. The hesitation, reluctance, inability to articulate. It was all written like a book across his face. Minho tried to force down his grin and lowered his head encouragingly towards Jisung.

"Something you need to say?"

So many things, thought Jisung to himself. But what first?  Which was easiest to say, which would get the best response, which one did Jisung really want Minho to hear?

"Why did you believe it? About me and Hyunjin?" His voice was cautious, the words pieced together carefully. 

Minho's eyes meet the floor again. They drift down to his own shoes, glancing at his feet, unable to look anywhere else. He seemed suddenly self-conscious, unsure. It took him a moment to compose himself before he answered. 

"I shouldn't have," he started, his voice gentle. "I'm not sure if I really did. I'd heard Felix and Jeongin talking about it in the kitchen after I woke up and realised you'd gone." 

With that part, Minho shot a guarded look at Jisung, who scratched awkwardly at his own neck and didn't respond.

Minho continued. "Like I said, I'm not sure if I believed it. I couldn't imagine it, didn't want to, but..."

"Did Hyunjin tell you that we did anything?" Jisung asked after a pause. 

"No," answered Minho with a shake of his head. "He didn't tell me anything. I didn't want to speak to him, so I didn't ask. Scared he'd say it was true, maybe? And when I feel bad, I tend to shut people out."

Jisung was still digesting what Minho was saying, so the older continued to speak. 

"Felix and Jeongin were pretty adamant that you wouldn't have, but said a few people had posted some weird stuff online. Just rumours, gossip, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about it. About you, at the party, drunk off three drinks and tucked between his legs... Me waking up alone."

"Why would you think about that?" Jisung huffed with a sulky expression. "You should've been think about me in the garden. Me at the dance studio. Me sleeping next to you."

"Us in the classroom?" Minho's voice was lighter, his eyes locked back onto Jisung's and almost sparkling. 

"Us at the bus stop?" Jisung echoed with a smile. 

And so Minho found himself stepping forward again, hesitating as he tended to when tempted to touch Jisung in such an endearing way. He raised a hand to cup Jisung's face, fingers cool against skin still slightly warm from the blush that was starting to subside. 

Jisung leaned into it and almost let his eyes drift close, melting into Minho's touch. But nothing in him wanted to lose this, to stop seeing Minho watching him with that equally charmed and charming look on his face. 

Minho leaned down to press one brief kiss on one corner of Jisung's mouth. Much simpler, frugal even, barely a peck before pulling away. 

It had the desired effect; Jisung followed Minho's lips as they evaded him, sighing in frustration before Minho swooped back down to meet Jisung's kiss. 

Brief, briefer than either of them wanted, before they were interrupted. The bus had stopped just in front of them; the numbers glaring in LEDs on the front signalling it was the bus that would take Minho home. He dithered, completely torn, glancing once at the bus and then back at Jisung. 

Jisung had stepped back slightly, reluctant but willing to let the older leave. 

The doors on the bus close with a clunk, the engine restarting, the vehicle continuing on its journey. 

Minho's smile is radiant as he stays where he feels rooted to the floor. Jisung's is confused, but equally bright. 

The older brings him back in for one more kiss, still chaste, not wanting to push much further. 

"So," Minho hummed, the breath that came with the word close enough to tickle Jisung's jaw. "Where now?"

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚

hehe sweet short filler chapter because i wanted to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more to come in the next few days - im not sure if i want to take the angle of their relationship being sweet but getting spicy ~~ or if we want more drama??? more angst?????? hmmmmmmmmmm