A Kiss From A Stranger (One Shot)

A Kiss From A Stranger (2013)

TheMarkOfAPen

When I was ten, I used to play video games and then play silly boyish games that my friends and I loved to do. Whenever we got out of school or at home, we would always play arcades. I tried miraculously to make my character get into the next level, ignoring my screaming pocket while I was holding the joystick in my sweaty hands and vigorously pressing the buttons. Those were the times that I enjoyed the technology of the century. I always reminisce that part of my childhood especially that memory.

It was a hot, sunny day but it didn't stop me from going outside to play arcade. I knew Mom would be angry but it didn't matter that time. I wanted to play so badly. My hands are getting excited to hold those heavenly stick and I have an aching feeling to watch my opponent knocked out by my character.

The video games were all occupied with kids my age when I got there and as always, I must patiently wait for someone to ran out of money so I can change his place. I stood behind the players and occasionally making some comments on what combo's he should use to win the round.

After some time, both of my legs were beginning to ache and still, no kid has left the machine. Looks like they had a lot money. Tss. I would be totally waiting for a looong time.

I sat on a bench nearby as I stare at the players before me. I can see the satisfied look on their faces whenever they win and it kinda made me feel warm inside.

"TSUP!" 

What the heck?! I was stunned for a minute there. I can't breathe and I felt like all my blood is in my cheeks. When I finally got a hold of myself, I ran angrily to catch the culprit but he already had quite a distance from me. He was grinning from ear to ear as he turn his head to watch me gain on him. 

I am so freaking furious! For goodness sake! He kissed me! And I don't even know him! Well, he's kinda familiar but heck! I still don't know his name! 

I knew his face. I always see him with those other kids and he would always playfully stare at me with his hazel brown eyes whenever he catch a glimpse of mine's. But somehow, I saw some emotions hidden behind that stare. Nah! 

He's nothing but a perve! And now, I'm sweating like a pig. I stopped running towards him and stood like an idiot in the middle of the road, good thing there's no any moving vehicles around here. I am quite shocked actually. I can still feel his sweaty lips on my cheeks and that was my first kiss. I'm only 10 for heaven's sake. I can be a child but I want my first kiss to be memorable. So much for being a romantic fool.

I took a step back to return to my previous business. I remembered I was waiting in line for the video games. I ran as fast as I could.

God! Somebody already took my place.

That good for nothing pest! I murmured silently while gritting my teeth in annoyance. I went home being pissed and my great mother scolded me for going outside in the middle of daylight. 

I need to cool down. I opened the television to distract myself from the thoughts that had been playing on my mind.

Urgh! How I hate him! I tried to watch but my mind is still busy replaying the scenes from earlier. I really really really hate that stupid boy!

I always imagined my first kiss would be in a beautiful beach while watching the sunset as my man would held my hand and looks me in the eye with love in his eyes and then.. sigh.

I turned off the television. There's no point in imagining things like that. But still, I wish it didn't happen. Oh yes! I'll just forget about it and pretend that I was playing Tekken earlier.