coming home from a mission

3:37 am

Ghost looked at his watch, should be home soon he thought. It was a  long mission the one he just went on, it was never meant to be a solo mission but soap was sent off on a different mission last minuet. soaps mission was much shorter and only lasted a week whereas ghosts lasted 3 weeks but none of that mattered he was finally coming home, home to his family, home to his Johnny. he couldn't wait to see his face he was coming home earlier than expected and the only people who knew were price and nik who was currently flying the helicopter, "we will be landing in 5 Simon" price said from the cockpit where him and Nik were sat. He Hummed in response.

The 5 minuets had felt like forever to ghost and he hated it, it felt like eternity before they touched down on the ground. ghost was the first to get out he was then followed by price and Nikolia. 3:43  his watch read, he walked into the common area and was greeted with silence. He loved it. He couldn't care less about what anyone had to do or say with him at the moment he just wanted a  cup of tea and his Johnny. He heard the door shut behind him as price and nik just walked in, he walked into the kitchen quickly and flicked the kettle on as he grabbed a  mug and a tea bag. once the kettle had boiled he poured the water into the mug and watched it darken, once he had it how he liked it he took the tea bag out and put it in the bin. He grabbed his mug and walked into his barracks where he expected Johnny to be because without anyone on base knowing they slept in each others beds for comfort when one was out on a mission without the other.

As he walked towards his bed he set down his mug on the bedside table and walked into his bathroom, one of the perks of being a lieutenant not having to share a bathroom with the rookies. He washed the eye black from his face and looked into the cracked mirror. he flushed the toilet and washed his hands and walked out of his bathroom he grabbed some shorts and got into bed knowing that soap was going to be in there. He grabbed soaps warm body and pulled him into his chest as he spooned him and rested his head on his shoulder. He felt soap move his body slightly to be closer to him. Finally after a long day of travelling he could sleep knowing his Johnny was in his arms. He woke up in the morning and felt very refreshed after actually getting a good nights sleep which is a rare occurrence for him. He slowly got out of bed as to not wake soap, he walked into his bathroom and turned the shower on and once it had reached his desired temperature he got in and let the hot water fall down his body. He turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around his waist as he let his dirty blond curls fall just above his eyebrows, he walked back into his room and grabbed some boxers a hoodie and some joggers, ghost got changed and walked into the shared kitchen and put the kettle on. He hoped it was early enough that no one was awake and it would be a peaceful morning, he put the tea bag in his mug and poured the boiling water in as he let his tea steep he put the coffee maker on and waited for it to finish brewing. Once his tea finished steeping he put the tea bag in the bin, ghost put a teaspoon of sugar in soaps coffee and brought both the steaming mugs into his room and put the coffee on his nightstand along with ghosts tea. He put his hand on soaps shoulder a pressed a soft kiss onto his forehead hoping to wake him, he felt soap stir underneath his hands. "Simon, when did you get back?" he says while yawning "a couple of hours ago love, there's a coffee on the side I know you need one" ghost replies "thanks Si" soap says with his groggy morning voice. Soap gets out of bed and walks toward ghost pulling him into a  hug, ghost pulls him even closer and kisses his head.

Soap pulls away after a  minuet and walks towards the bathroom he shuts the door and turns the shower on, he grabs his toothbrush and puts toothpaste on it cleaning his teeth while waiting for the shower to heat up. Once the shower reached the right temperature he got in and cleaned himself. As soap started to wake up he turned the shower off and pulled a towel of the rack and put it around his waist. He walked out of the bathroom and straight to his wardrobe grabbing some jeans and a black hoodie because price was out for the day and he could not get reprimanded at for not wearing the correct uniform. Looking in the mirror he noticed ghost was lying on his bed on his phone behind him. Soap let out a small smile that ghost could feel this comfortable in his presence to not wear his mask and not need to watch soaps every move. "im going to grab breakfast, you coming Si?" soap asked "I will be there in a minuet love" ghost replies "okay see you soon" soap says as he walks out and shuts the door behind him. Soap walks towards the cafeteria listening to everyone as they chatted over breakfast, he got in the line and grabbed his breakfast which consisted of something that didn't even look edible and an apple, he grabbed an extra for ghost because he knows he won't want to eat whatever...that is on his plate.

5 minuets later--------------

Simon walks into the cafeteria and goes straight to his usual table, in the corner at the back where him and soap could talk without having everyone listen in. "hey love, what's for breakfast today?" ghost asks "well Si for you its an apple and for me its whatever the hell this is" soap gestures towards his plate "looks appetising" ghost says in a sarcastic voice. Not even a minuet later soaps Irish twin walks in "Garrick". ghost says with a nod of his head "alright ghost, I thought you were coming back next week not now" Gaz says surprised "mission got cut short, but I could not care less im just happy to be home" Ghost replies 

1 year ago ghost would never consider this place home but that was until John 'soap' Mactavish walked into his life as a ray of sunshine. Soap gave him hope in this world again, not even a    month after knowing him he was head over heels for the Scottish ray of sunshine.

{1173 words!} 

Authors note---

I know it was a short chapter but as the one shots carry on I'm hoping they get a little bit longer but anyway drink water eat food and take your medication if you have any have a great day/night!