𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭, 𝙣𝙤 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙣𝙤 𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚

Pictures of my mother are hung on the walls of my house as I and my friends walk in. Cedric looks around as do I. Our house has a feel of home that is unmatched. It was unmatched. Before my father, went into depression. Every inch of this place is filled to the brim with boxes, big and small, closed off with tape, labeled as 'kitchen' or 'attic'

Lilly lets out a soft gasp "Why is everything packed away?" She questions, walking around the house, her finger grazing over the chocolate brown walls. Dust collecting onto her finger, she looks at the dust before rubbing her finger against her shirt. "How long has he not been here?"

I don't say anything. I'm just as confused. Why is everything put away? Why is everything so dusty? Why, Why is my childhood home being taken from me? "Not long." Cedric replies "We were all living here before school started."

I start walking up the wooden stairs, to the second floor. I don't look back to see if anyone is following me, I don't care. I get to the top step and my breath hitches as I see more and more boxes a few labeled 'Cedric' and 'Aurora' I continue to walk around and that's when I see my father—in my old bedroom, unpacking a box. My eyebrows pull together and I walk into the room "Dad?"

He doesn't jump, he doesn't look back, and he doesn't say anything. He continues to unpack. Placing things in corners and on a white desk. "Dad. What is going on?" I question, my voice rising and my tone shifting.

"I knew you'd come here looking for answers." He finally says, turning around. This is not my father. "Who are you?" My voice is shaky but I try to hide it.

"Your father. Who else would I be?" He scoffs and goes back to the boxes, opening a new one. This one has a magenta bed set folded up.

"You aren't," I whisper. He looks so young as if he's in his early twenties. "Oh, but I am, Aurora. Do you see," he breaks off and turns back to face me, a bright smile plastered on his lips. "Do you see, how amazing she is? What she can do? You'll see your mother soon too, isn't that exciting?"

I stare at him, my expression blank. "Who exactly are you talking about?" I cross my arms and swallow, hard.

"Your sister, who else? Oh she's wonderful, the daughter I've always dreamed of."

I feel my heart shatter into a million tiny pieces. I feel my stomach swirl and nausea overtake me. "That thing is not my sister," I say bitterly.

"What makes you say that Aurora?" His voice turns dark, almost demon-like and my head feels lighter. "She's your twin, you should love her."

I stay quiet, my breath shaky as I hold my tears. I swallow, hard. I look behind me and see Cedric, Lilly, and Mattheo all walking up the stairs. I guess this man—who claims to be my father—notices because he presses his lips together. "It's not nice to steal your sister's boyfriend either." He says, raising his eyebrows. "Right Aurora?"

"What were you talking about when you said," I break off the sentence, my voice breaking slightly. I close my eyes for a second and take a deep breath in through my nose. Slowly exhaling. My eyes open and I shake my head "What do you mean I'll see Mom soon?"

"Well, how do you think Maddie's here?" He says with a smile.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see Mattheo. "Let's go..." he whispers, moving his hand down my arm, intertwining his fingers with mine.

I shake my head "But—"

Cedric moves to the other side of me, facing my father. "We found mom's diaries, we can go now." He whispers.

"N-no. I'm not done." I say, but Lilly pulls me away, Mattheo following—his hand still glued to mine. "I saw something, again." She whispers, leading me down the stairs. "You can't be near Madison. None of us can."

My brows pull together again and I look from Lilly to Mattheo, then back to Lilly. "What are you talking about?" I question, my voice hushed.

"She's not Madison. Not at all." She says, her eyes are glued to Mattheos. I look up at him and I can't read him. He seems lost. "Mattheo? What is she talking about?"

He looks away from Lilly and looks down at me. He doesn't even blink, it makes me nervous. "Mattheo?"

"You can't freak out." Lilly blurts out "At all. You have to stay quiet so your dad doesn't—well not your dad—but." She starts to ramble but Mattheo shakes his head and interrupts her "Maddie's dead. I saw her die." He takes a breath "I knew that she can't—she couldn't be alive. My father can't even manage that—I mean resurrection? No."

I nod "Where are you going with this? She's obviously alive. As alive as she can get anyway."

Lilly shakes her head. "That's her body. But it's not her."

I lift a brow and start to speak but Cedric starts walking down the stairs and interrupts. "She Voldemort."

I stayed quiet for what felt like an eternity but it was probably only a minute. "What?!" I whisper shout, turning to all three of them, one by one.

"We don't know why I'm getting these visions but let's be grateful. Right? I mean at least we know. And she doesn't know we know." Lilly says. Once again, trying to see the brighter side of the situation.

I shake my head. "We don't know that. I mean I don't wanna think like this but what if it's on purpose? What if Madison—Voldemort—Somehow got into your head? What if it's a trap? What if Voldemort wants us to know?"

All four of us are quiet before Cedric breaks the silence. "There's a task tomorrow."

I shake my head "You're joking right?"

"Not at all," Mattheo replies.

I look at Cedric then Mattheo. "We'll be fine." Mattheo reassures "We were last time."

I shake my head "That was before—"

Lilly cuts me off "They'll be fine. I saw it."

"That still doesn't make me feel better." I say, my tone more harsher than I intended "I'm sorry—I'm just frustrated."

"Let's just go back to school and we'll see how tomorrow plays out, alright?" Cedric says, opening the front door.

I nod and walk out of the house. I cannot believe this is happening.