-----

"Lin, are you sure?" Korra asked for the fifth time. 

"Avatar, I don't have time to go back and forth with you," She snapped at Korra. "Nothing is going on in this city that requires the avatar. Normal crime is all there is, burglary, assault, non-bender fights, things my force can take care of." 

Korra sighed in defeat, clenching her fists. 

"Why don't you go find Bolin? Bother him." Lin told her, crossing her arms. 

"Bolin is back in Zaofu with Opal, he won't be visiting for a few weeks yet," Korra muttered, not liking having nothing to do.

"Okay, visit Tenzin and his family." Lin continued. 

"They're off finding more air benders and although I love Pema, I don't want to hang out with her and Rohan all day. I'll just end up babysitting." 

"Well, I can't help you there. I will call you if we have any problems but for the past couple of weeks, there hasn't been anything exciting." 

Korra bit her lip, "What about-"

"Goodbye, avatar," Lin snapped. 

Korra pouted but left the station, meeting Naga outside. 

"No one needs us right now girl," Korra stated, petting her head. 

Korra's thoughts went to Asami and she pursed her lips in thought, "No. . . no, she'll get mad. Don't do it. . ." Thoughts of Asami being taken and brainwashed filled her mind, the sight of her losing oxygen on the airship with Guan. . .

Naga growled low, almost warning Korra to just leave Asami be, but Korra has never had a talent for listening to reason. She climbed on Naga's back, hoping she didn't get caught. 

"Naga, find Asami," Naga took off. 

Asami has been at one of Varrick's many offices for a while now, collecting everything she needed for her work, marking off each item she takes as she continues. 

She thought about Korra, and how she knew what she was thinking at breakfast when the juice from the fruit dripped down her chin, though, Asami did that on purpose. She will always be patient with Korra, knowing she isn't very experienced with intimacy aside from kissing, but oh did she love teasing her. 

She knows Korra is holding back, though she doesn't know why. She understands Korra may not be ready, but there are instances where she knows Korra wants to do something but prevents herself from doing so. Asami doesn't think she has done anything to make Korra straight up uncomfortable aside from light teasing.

Asami sighed, 'Could I have said or done something to make her hold back? Does she maybe not want me?'

Asami hated these thoughts but they are possibilities. Although Korra expressed to her the reason, Asami still can't let go of the small insecurities that burden her. She loves Korra, and she knows Korra loves her too, but that avatar can make her blood boil at times.

Asami hates that Korra feels the need to do everything for her, to constantly protect her. She understands that yes, she has been taken before but as a non-bender, she can still hold her own. 

'She wouldn't even let me pick up a chair for her this morning!'  Asami grumbled to herself, annoyed with her mixed emotions of love and annoyance toward the avatar, continuing with her task at hand when she heard shuffling from down the hall. 

She paused, not having her electrocuting glove, unfortunately, but a small pocket knife instead which will have to do. Her heart started beating harder, her breathing picking up as she slowly tiptoed toward the door, hearing the shuffling again.