Chapter 68: Finale Part 3

Start from the beginning

"I guess this will do."

Zheng Shuyi took off her apron and praised herself, "A nice variety too. Shi Yan, having me is from all your luck in your past lives."

Edison failed over a thousand times to make a light bulb, yet she only failed five or so times. It wasn't too bad.

Although sweat has already covered her back, she tried to make it look like it was nothing.

As she was setting up the table, the sound of footsteps came from the entrance hallway.

Zheng Shuyi was delighted. She quickly wiped her hands and ran over.

"You're... back?!"

The last word's tone suddenly changed, as if her surprise turned into shock.

Because what appeared at the door was not only Shi Yan.

Beside him was her mom, Wang Meiru.

Zheng Shuyi's mouth was still left open. After a full three seconds, she finally spoke.

"Mom?"

"What," Wang Meiru pulled her suitcase and walked in, "Did you forget how I look like after not meeting for a few months?"

"......"

This tone, yep, it was her real mom without a doubt.

Zheng Shuyi finally slowly gained her senses back. She gave Shi Yan a resentful look and then obediently went to help with Wang Meiru's suitcase.

"How, how did you two come together?"

"We happened to meet at the airport."

Before Zheng Shuyi got her confusion of how they met resolved, Shi Yan had already taken the suitcase from her hand and took a sniff, "Did you cook?"

Zheng Shuyi nodded.

After Shi Yan took the suitcase and left, she finally whispered to her mom, "Mom, why did you come without even letting me know?!"

"If I told you, could this still be considered a sudden inspection?" Wang Meiru replied.

Zheng Shuyi: "......"

Her homeroom teacher habit again...

She pointed at Shi Yan, "I don't think you two met before? How did you two find each other?"

There was no way Zheng Shuyi could believe that her mother and her boyfriend just randomly met in the middle of the airport.

It was just a face that looked similar to Zheng Shuyi's and another face that she only saw once from a photo.

"It's true we never met before," Wang Meiru crossed her arms across her chest and studied the house Zheng Shuyi has been living in. Then she said lightly, "I recognized him at the airport, greeted him, and now here we are."

After speaking, she looked at Zheng Shuyi in the eyes, "And you, you lived in someone else's house without even telling me?"

"Oh, during my senior year you went to Singapore with a tour group and didn't tell me either," murmured Zheng Shuyi, "You told me you were going to Cowshed Hill."

"......"

——

When Shi Yan came back, the conversation between the mother and the daughter immediately stopped.

Wang Meiru turned back into her nice Teacher Wang form.

Since the two have been together since the airport, Zheng Shuyi didn't know how much they have chatted already. Either way, the awkward scene she expected didn't appear.