Chapter 5: Party Prep

Start bij het begin

  James jumped. He turned around to the voice, which was in the doorframe. There, low and behold, was the boy he had been dreaming and thinking about. James thought, Great fucking time, Black.

  They were both standing in silence. James just looked at Regulus, while Regulus looked at him back. James forgot that he maybe had to answer Regulus, seeing how he was now lifting an eyebrow.

  "Oh- yeah. Yep, it's me. Hi." He said eventually.

  Regulus smiled a bit, not at James exactly, but his words.

  "Hm. You listen to Taylor?" Regulus asked, walking to the counters, placing his bag on it and hopping up to sit on it.

  Regulus just swung his legs, awaiting his answer. James just stared at Regulus. He was exactly what he had been the days prior, but more hot? James couldn't place it.

  "Oh uhm, yeah I do-is that a problem?" James replied defensively.

  "You're stupid. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't know her songs." Regulus said, rolling his eyes.

  "Right...Why are you down here?" He asked.

  "Why should I tell you?"

  "Hm. I don't know, maybe because the elves aren't here, and you magically show up?" James said.

  "So, let me get this right, you think since the elves aren't here, and I decided to come here for a snack, that I was a part of them not being here. Oh and since I came after you, I must have done it." Regulus added slowly.

  "Well, I mean-"

  "What do you mean, 'Well, I mean?'?" Regulus interrupted, clearly getting annoyed.

  "If you would fucking let me finish a sentence, maybe you would have a fucking answer." James spat.

  Regulus just rolled his eyes. James didn't mean to snap. He really didn't know why he said that. He just didn't like the fact that he could be accusing Reg.

  "Reg, sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I shouldn't have done that. If you would only listen to me." James expressed.

  Regulus just looked back up at James, and nodded. James just shook his head and began.

  "I was just trying to say that I meant it might have made sense, but I was joking (guys I'm just joshing.)." James explained.

  Regulus just stayed seated. Didn't look up from his lap. James felt like he  overstepped. He felt horrible. He knew that they were on thin ice, he didn't want to break it.

  As Regulus finally looked up, his legs stopped swinging, he mumbled, "I'm sorry. I was being rude and interrupting. I thought you were blaming it on me, just like Sirius does." Regulus widened his eyes a bit before adding, "I mean, my mother. Not Sirius."

  James could tell that Regulus was lying. It wasn't hard. His fingers fidgeted with his clothes when he was uncomfortable. James frowned a bit before talking. He also would pick at his nails, whether it be biting the ends, or with his other finger or nail.

  "Hey, you know how to cook? I have a list of snacks I have to make, and the elf's aren't here." He then added, "I have chocolate?"

  Regulus' eyes shot up when he commented on having chocolate. Ah, James thought, he likes chocolate like Moony. James smiled a bit, before opening his bag, and taking the list out while handing some chocolate to Regulus, who, took it with a small smile.

  "Yeah, I can cook. I'm fairly good." He responded, getting off the counter.

  Regulus took the list from James, peering at it. While Regulus was doing this, James was looking at the younger's head. The way his curls laud there, just perfectly. The way his eyes moved from side to side (lol that's how u read James.), or the way Regulus would make faces at what he read, or tried to at least.

  "Your handwriting absolutely sucks."

   "So I have been told by Remus."

  "Good." Regulus said.

  Regulus walked away, getting supplies and ingredients from the list. James just watched as the boy moved. His movements were like a ballet. You would watch, and get hypnotized by every move. James wanted to help, sure, but he would much rather be watching Regulus.

  "Reggie, I would like to help."

  "First off, don't call me that. Unless I give you permission, and no, I don't, then don't call me it. Also, no you can't. I work alone and you would most likely, no help." Regulus said, not unkindly. (Batman who?"

  "Fair."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟

Time skip to about 45 min bc idk how to cook!

  Regulus was done. How he was done, James doesn't even know. He just looked at the boy with wide eyes.

  "What?" Regulus asked.

"What, what?"

  "Why are you staring at me?"

  "Please, I'm not staring at you. That's ridiculous." James said, laughing.

  "This class is ridiculous." Regulus muttered silently. (SEE WHAT I DID THERE? I'm very proud of myself hehe)

  "What was that?"

  "You're ridiculous." Regulus said louder now.

  "Ah. Well darling, I could have told you that." James replied.

  Shit. He didn't mean to call him darling! James just waited, staring at the food. That's all he could do. Pretend, he was very good at that.

  "Why did you need this anyways?" Regulus asked.

  "For Sirius' and Remus' two month anniversary! We're throwing a party, if you would like to come, you can!" James answered.

  "Uhm. I'll think about it, yeah?"

  "Alright! Thank you for the help! I'll just Leviosa it all to the common room. Bye, see you at the party!" James said, while turning to put the spell on the food. It floated with his wand, as he walked out of the kitchens, leaving Regulus behind him.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟

Hai my loves! Well this took me too long to make lol.

I've been so busy and I'm very busy and I do apologize.

How was it? Was it ok? We got a little fluff, but all in all, just another build up chapter.

Anyway, remember to drink, eat, and sleep!

Bai my loves!

Word count: 1656
Dream count:

James: 1

Regulus: 1