030.

AS SUMMER TURNED to winter, things had finally calmed down for you and Satoru.

Now that Airi had quit, everything was peaceful in the club. It was nearing Christmas, and the third years had retired after nationals in autumn.

You were currently walking home with Satoru holding your hand, swinging it like a crazy preschooler. There was a bounce in his step—he was happy, or excited about something. He had to be.

Shoving the last of your snickers bar into your mouth, you finally gave in. "What're you so giddy about, Satoru?" You smiled, his happiness contagious. He hummed, turning his head towards you.

The hair on his forehead brushed along his eyes. "Next week is Christmas." You didn't even have to look at him to know he had a big stupid smile on his face.

You slowly nodded. "Yes, next week is Christmas."

The two of you had planned to get together and exchange presents. Because his birthday was so close to Christmas, you had to improvise for his birthday.

You had baked him a strawberry shortcake and gave him a blanket that you crocheted yourself. Both were homemade, but it was something cheat yet meaningful.

For Christmas, you had gotten him a pricey water bottle that he could use for practice, a branded scarf that he had been talking about wanting for a while, and just for extra, you wrote down 100 reasons why you loved him.

You knew Gojo would've been happy no matter what, even if you gave him a toothbrush.

You realized Satoru was excited for your gift, and let out a small laugh. "Are you that excited?" You asked, squeezing his hand. He nodded aggressively.

It had been half a year since you started dating him, and still, he's still in love with you as much as he was when you first started dating. Honestly, maybe even more, if that were possible.

With his happy face in mind, you waited for Christmas to come.

When the day finally came, you found yourself awake earlier than usual. Satoru wasn't the only one who was excited.

A couple of months into your relationship, you found out that Satoru actually lived alone. His family lived in the more wealthy part of Tokyo, which was too far from the school. So, they rented an apartment nearby.

You haven't met his parents, but you heard that they approved of his relationship, thankfully. He met your parents a couple of times, and was practically best friends with your little brother.

Just as you were getting ready, you had gotten a call from Satoru. Your screen lit up, so a smile bloomed on your face. You put your curl iron down, quickly answering your phone.

"Good morning." You said. There was a cough on the other side of the line, when you finally heard the very raspy, scratchy voice. "Hi."

Your smile dropped, face immediately twisting into a look of concern, although he couldn't see it. "Satoru? You alright? Are you sick? You sound horrible." A string of words exited your mouth, laced with your anxiety.

"Yes, I am. I'm sorry." He sounded as if he were on the brink of crying. Your shoulders dropped. He must've been devastated.

"Don't apologize. Are you alright? Do you have medicine? Did you eat?"

"Um," he started, "No."

Of course he didn't. You couldn't blame him, he lived alone. Taking care of yourself while being this sick was practically impossible. "Okay, just- stay in bed, and make sure to keep yourself warm. I'm coming over."

You didn't give himself time to say anything, knowing he would tell you to not come because he'll get you sick. To your surprise, you didn't feel disappointed, just worried.

Tying your hair into a low ponytail, you quickly grabbed your necessities, grabbing his present, and leaving your house.

Before going to his house, which was a bit far because it was closer to the school, you went to the drug store and got medicine, along with some warm foods from the convenience store.

His sick-filled voice rang inside your head. He must have been miserable.

When you arrived at his house, his door was unlocked. His apartment was dark, and all the lights were off. Your feel subconsciously carried you to his room, and you frowned seeing him in his bed, looking like he just ran a marathon.

"Satoru." You quietly called, and he groaned, a sign that he was awake. You put your plastic bags down, sitting on his bed. He turned to look at you, eyes half lidded, and like always, a small smile appeared on his lips.

"You're here." He murmured. You shushed him gently, placing the back of your hand on his forehead. And sure enough, he was burning.

"Merry Christmas." He said softly, which forced a small laugh out of you. "Merry Christmas. I'll make you some soup, so drink some medicine after, alright?"

You got up to head towards his kitchen, but was stopped by his warm hand grabbing your wrist. Eyebrows pinched, you turned back to him. "Don't go."

You didn't know if it was the cold, but he was acting childish. It was kind of... cute.

He was breathing heavily, his usual pale cheeks bright red. You cooed. "I'm not going anywhere." You reassured him, sitting back on his bed.

He repositioned himself next to you, his face buried in your torso, his head on your lap. For the first time since you've arrived, he seemed at peace.

You softly combed your fingers through his hair, trying to help him to fall asleep. Although this wasn't the Christmas you had imagined, you loved every second of it.

A/N Hey guys! Lots of things to say.

First, Sorry for the short and crappy filler chapter after hiatus. I'm trying to time skip to the next school year so I can finally bring in Itadori and the others.

Second, Thank you for 300k AND 400k. This book has gotten massive support in the last two weeks. I'm glad you all enjoy it.

QOTD: Favorite YouTuber?

A: BERLEEEEEEZYYYYY