Mortez hated the looks he was receiving as well as the claps. He didn't like attention on him unless he asked for it.

      "Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet."

        Mortez shook his head at the principal , "I cannot ...never mind I actually can believe she did that."

       Wednesday was just as offended , " On the mend? Try in a coma."

             Tyler looked at the twins , "you can't be surprised she hasn't said anything. Weems is the type who doesn't want bad image to reflect on the school."

      It was Enid's turn to skeak as she looked at them , "Have you been to see him? You're his friends."

         " I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Mortez said his gulity eating him up from the inside it felt worse than the cuts the monster had left on his chest and right cheek , "i wasn't able to protect him from the monster." He had sustained more injuries but Eugene had fallen into a coma.

        "And I wasn't fast enough." Wednesday said , "it's both our faults." What was the point of foreseeing danger if nothing could be avoided.

      Enid shook her head , "no pity party both of you. Neither of you are at fault , okay? "

       Tyler nodded , "I haven't heard anything from my dad's office. Maybe we scared it off."

     " Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend. " Wednesday said seeing her parents arriving.
.
    "Mortez!" Jeri came up , "glad to see you alive. You have a scar now  ."

     Enid slapped the fang over the back of his head , "you don't just say point that out to people it's rude."

          "You didn't have to hit me so hard." The fang whined , "my pops is here . See you later."

            Tyler looked down at his watch , "I'm going to the Weathervane , I'll most likely see my dad there than him showing up here for parents weekend"

              "Good bye Tyler." Mortez said and when he saw the half outcast leave the older Addams saw his parents , "Wednesday. Mother and father are here."

     "No need to elucidate that for me Mortez I can see them." The younger twin sneered watching her mother elegantly stride into the premises of Nevermore as their father clung to hey.

     " Would you look at my family?" Enid said looking at Edwin and the rest of her brothers behaving as they usually did , "Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my mom 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out. " The chirpy werewolf  sighed and looked at the twins optimistically, " Let's get this over with. "

       "Agreed ." Mortez said ,he and Wednesday then separated from Enid as they walked towards their parents.

        "There there  are . Oh, how we missed those accusing eyes  and that charming manical grin always such a deadly combination" Gomez cooed at his children

   Pugsley came up and traced his thumb on the scar across Mortez's right cheek , "did the monster do that."

          "Indeed. And it was excruciatingly painful." Mortez's smile grew when Pugsley pouted.  "I have more scars on my chest."

      Pugsley sulked , "lucky."

        "Did you hear that Tish, " Gomez looked proud , "our son came face to face with jaws of death."