Confuess

Nicky woke up to find himself alone on the couch, and Maritza was gone. Thinking that she had already left, Nicky headed to the kitchen to get some cereal, unaware that he wasn't alone in the house.

Nicky: "Oh man, I wish she didn't leave so soon."

Maritza: "Why would you say that?"

Nicky spit out half of the cereal and milk he was eating, slowly turning to see Maritza behind him.

Nicky: "Maritza, hey, I didn't know you were still here, hehe."

Maritza: "Okay, and why were you saying that I shouldn't have left so soon? Do you need something from me?"

Nicky: "Well, no, but I wanted to tell you that I... um, I."

Maritza: "I what? Just say it, huh?"

The front door opened in a rush, revealing Enzo, Maritza's eldest brother.

Enzo: "Nicky, is Maritza here? Maritza! Oh, thank God, you're safe." He rushed to her and hugged her.

Maritza: "Okay, man, now stop hugging me. Put me down, dork."

Enzo: "Come on, let's go. Dad's waiting for us in the car." Enzo dragged her out of the house, and they left.

Nicky: "Dang it, why didn't I say it? She's right there."

(Hours later)

Nicky was up in his room, looking out the window and spying on Mr. Peterson. He continued to spy on him for hours until he heard a knock on the door. "I'll be right there."

Nicky got out of his room and headed downstairs to the front. Looking through the peephole, he saw Maritza outside.

Nicky's POV: "Maritza... yes, you're back. This is your opportunity, Nicky. Confess to her. I hope she accepts it... Focus, Nicky, focus."

Nicky opened the door and greeted his friend.

Nicky: "Hey, Mari, what's up?"

Maritza: "Hey, Nicky. Can I spend time with you? I have nothing to do at home, and the rest of our friends are busy, and Enzo keeps on following Trinity around."

Nicky: "How did you know? You followed him too?"

Maritza: "Well, sometimes."

The two then headed upstairs to Nicky's room. Maritza lay down on Nicky's bed and started chatting while Nicky continued to spy on Peterson.

Maritza: "So, what's he doing?"

Nicky: "Well, he's doing his everyday exercise. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to run faster than all of us, and he'll be able to catch us all."

Maritza: "I'm faster than him. I'm fast like a cheetah, and nobody catches the cheetah."

Nicky: "Maritza, he can catch you, but you always escape his grip by hitting him with your baseball bat."

Maritza: "True, and that's why no one can catch me, or I'll hit them hard with my bat."

Nicky: "Say, Mari, if you really are fast like a cheetah, then come and catch me."

Maritza: "Then start running."

Nicky ran straight to the door, but Maritza managed to catch him by lunging at him. "Gotcha. Told you I'm fast like a cheetah. I'm gonna tickle you!" and started laughing.

Nicky: "Mari, no, wait, stop. Please stop tickling me. Ahhahaha, stop."

Maritza stopped and helped Nicky up. Nicky looked at Maritza with a smile on his face, and Maritza gave him a smile too. Nicky confessed.

Nicky: "Hey, Mari, I wanted to tell you something that I've wanted to say for a long time."

Maritza: "What is it?"

Nicky: "Mari, I just wanted to say that I like you a lot, like I love you. Mari, I started having feelings for you ever since we first met each other, and it's alright if you don't feel the same as me."

Maritza was blushing; her whole head turned red. She was red as hell. Maritza put herself together.

Maritza: "Nicky, I have feelings for you too, even if you're a weirdo. Nicky, I love you too."

Maritza came close to Nicky and pecked him on the cheek (kiss!). Nicky blushed with a red face, and Maritza ruffled Nicky's hair.