"Can you send me that photo, please? Adam was asking to see it, and I forgot to even take a photo."

"Yeah." He taps his phone. "It should be sent now."

"Thank you." I feel a buzz as I take my phone out of my pocket. I see Theo's message, then a notification from Rosanna asking me if I'm okay and two from Dennis that are hidden by other notifications as it was sent when I was out with Emilia. 

Shit, I should've checked my phone earlier.

I begin to feel myself going red. I wonder what he said. 

"Have you got it, yeah?" Theo asks.

I look up at him and swallow. "Yeah, I'll just, uh, send it to Adam now." I open Theo's message and forward it to Adam, then peek at Dennis'.

Unsaved Number:
Are you free?

Half an hour later, he sent another message.

Unsaved Number:
About that worker who wanted your room key, he's been fired, so you should feel more safe around the hotel now.

I can't help but smile as I remember how he helped me in that vulnerable moment. However, it quickly fades, and all I feel is remorse as I remember the reality that I cheated on Theo with him.

"What's that?"

I snap out of my thoughts as I face Theo. "What?"

"The message, who is it?"

Shit. Has he managed to read it? I thought he wouldn't see as I'm slightly turned in my seat. I should tell him the truth now. 

"It's Rosanna." I lie. Ugh, why is it so hard?

"Give me your phone." His tone is serious, and the kind look on his face has gone.

I look at him in shock. He hardly ever asks to see my phone, and as far as I'm aware, he never checks my phone behind my back. I've dug a hole for myself. I don't want to lose him.

I lock my phone as I aim it towards him.

He looks down at the phone for a moment, then looks back at me. "I was just testing you. I don't need to see it."

I retract my arm as I let out a silent sigh of relief, making sure not to show my reaction to Theo. "Oh, okay."

We sit there in an awkward silence, and I try my best to think about something to talk about, but my mind keeps telling me to confess about Dennis. I can't live my life with this lie. He deserves the truth. Even if it means I lose him. 

I take a deep breath in and open my mouth to speak.

I'm interrupted by a sudden bang on my car window, making me jump out of my skin.

I frantically turn in the direction and see Adam laughing. Theo joins in, laughing, as he presses the button that rolls my window down.

"Oh, shut up, Adam, that wasn't funny." I say whilst trying to hold my laugh.

"Did you see her face, bro?" Adam asks Theo through his laughs.

Theo nods his head as he continues to laugh. "Yeah, funniest thing today."

"'Did you see her face, bro?'" I imitate Adam as I begin to get out of the car.

Adam laughs harder. "It was too funny. I wish I recorded it."

"Oh, I'm so glad you didn't." He'd use every opportunity to play it.

"You checking up on us?" Theo asks Adam defensively but in a friendly manner as he steps out of the car.

Holiday With My Neighbourजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें