86. Motherhood Looks Beautiful On You

Start from the beginning

Ram(clearing his throat): Tumhe...umm...woh big big muscles...hatte katte log pasand hain?

Ram couldn't look into Priya's eyes. What if they conveyed what he didn't want to hear?

But Priya felt extremely confused. This was not something she was expecting.

Priya: Hein?

Ram: Woh...hote hain na...body builders...six pack abs, eight pack abs wale...woh. Tumhe achhe lagte hain?

This made Priya more confused. She couldn't figure out where this conversation was going, what was Ram trying to ask her actually.

Noticing her silence, Ram looked at Priya and saw her clueless face.

Priya: Aap yeh poochna chahte the mujhse?

Ram gave a gentle nod and again averted his gaze.

Ram(softly): Batao na.

Priya shook her head, making a face.

Priya: Nahi. Kyun?

Ram let out a soft chuckle and shook his head.

Ram: Kuch nahi. Bass aise hi.

Priya still felt completely clueless.

Ram: Tum chahti ho ke main gym jaun aur body banau?

Priya scrunched her nose. The picture of Ram, clicking mirror selfies, showing off his six pack abs, didn't really sit well with her in her mind. But still she tried to be nice to him.

Priya: Aap ko achha lagta hai toh aap jaa sakte hain.

Ram sighed as it was not the answer to his question.

Ram: Maine poocha tumhe achha lagta hai kya? You know...Vik jaata hai gym, Kunal bhi aur Krish bhi.

Squinting her eyes, Priya tried to understand what was happening. Did Ram want to go to gym and have that kind of a body? Why was he kept asking her if she liked it? Was he getting jealous of his friends for it?

Priya: Mujhe nahi pasand. Aapko pasand hai kya? Aap...jealous...feel karte hain kya iss wajah se?

Priya saw Ram's head slumping further and realised that he actually felt jealous.

Priya(like a whisper): Mr. Kapoor...

She kept her hand over his and slowly intertwined their fingers. Letting out a sigh, Ram rested his head on Priya's shoulder.

Ram(almost inaudibly): Mujhe laga tha...yeh hi reason hai.

Priya: Kis cheez ka?

Ram felt his heart getting heavier each passing second.

Ram: T-tumhara...mujhe chorhke Krish ko chunne ka.

Ram finally decided to give words to the horrible nightmare that kept him up all night for 5 long years. He felt insecure about himself and thought that might be the reason for Priya leaving him like that. Krish was tall, had a well-built body, was somewhat good looking too. What was there not to like? Maybe Priya's feelings for him did flourish again. Maybe he was keeping Priya happy more than he ever could.

Tara told him to talk to Priya about his insecurities and he did want to but didn't know how and when. And this seemed like a perfect opportunity to know what she felt about him.

Priya's chest pained listening to those words and undertone of hurt in it. She cupped Ram's cheeks and tried to look at him.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor...Mr. Kapoor meri taraf dekhiye.