The man stops Tina's mothering, "You're the girl that Tina is talkin' 'bout? Why didn't you say so?" Delilah gives him a shrug, "Okay, jus' stay there! 'Kay? I'll just go grab Cousin."

Tina sighs and pats her cheek, "I'll go make you some coffee, okay?"

"You really don't have too- Nope! I won't take no for an answer." Before Delilah can even argue, Tina disappears into the kitchen. The shop comes to life as shouting and clanging of metal fill the room. She has a good feeling with The Beef and whatever she'll earn will be enough to cover her expenses as well as have some extra cash too.

Her phone vibrates in her pocket. Delilah opens her phone and was greeted by a picture of Ellie beaming surrounded by friends at what seemed to be a Jollibee from Desmond.

"Birthday nung bestfriend niya, pagod, so baka hindi kami makatawag ngayon. Love you, ate." She swipes to the next photo and snorts at the selfie of Dez and annoyed Ellie.

School is going to end soon and she makes a mental note of sending money for her family to go to the beach— it'll be a nice way to start off summer vacation, she thinks.

"Ayo! You still here?"

Richie shouts as he comes out of the kitchen with Carmen following close behind him. A melodic laugh follows, "I'm still here!"

"Hello." She greets with the same enthusiasm making the lanky man laugh.

"This is her, Cousin. Try not to fuckin' maul her, alright?"

"Shut the fuck up, man." He comes forward and towards the counter. Carmen looks up and his breath hitches.

"Hi, I'm Delilah but everyone calls me Lily."

Lily greets Carmen, as Tina calls her, who is clad in a brown tank top; a white long linen skirt; sun earrings, and brown curls tied in a barely held-together bun.

It is her warm smile that, embarrassingly, makes him speechless. And makes him forget to take the hand she intended for him to shake.

Carmen shakes her hand. He tries to not be fucking weird and not to notice the calluses in her hands or the faded red nail polish.

Maybe the woman felt his nervousness because her smile softened, reassuring. He gulps and finally replies, Hi, uh, Carmen. It's nice to meet you."

"Pleasure, Chef."

Delilah extends her resume and Carmen grabs it. Richie stands next to him and leans in to read it beside him. It's filled to the brim with jobs and varied- from a barista to care-aid, it was no wonder why her hands are callused.

"I have a lot of experience in restaurants as well as fast food chains. I was a manager at a bakery in another city I used to live in the state. I've worked as a server, washed dishes- uh, I've pretty much-done everything."