❤︎ 𝟭𝟲. . . 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗺 𝗶𝘁 𝘂𝗽, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘀

-ˏˋ ꒰ 💌 ꒱ ˎˊ˗

-ˏˋ ꒰ 💌 ꒱ ˎˊ˗

❛ 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗺 𝗶𝘁 𝘂𝗽, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘀 ❜

˗ˏˋ ꒰ 🧁 ꒱ ˎˊ-

"ISAAC I SWEAR—" anastasia was interrupted by lee

"let's go, dad's probably waiting." he said, a hint of a smile on his features at which stas frowned.

it was thanksgiving and isaac and stasia stood in the kitchen making sugar cookies for the event. lee and isaac's father had planned a zoom call with them because he was currently deployed in afghanistan. obviously, ana was happy they got to talk to their dad but was partly scared because she knew that he had a tendency to not show when he planned a call, but she also knew that it wasn't his fault and his work happened to take his time instead. she was just worried because she knew how disappointed the garcia brothers would be if work did happen to take his time today.

"good luck!" she quickly replaced her frown with a grin. her hands were covered in the dough and her face had a little bit on it.

isaac started to walk off with lee, but turned around when she said that and noticed the dough on her face. "stas, you got a little—"

her smile dropped. "what? where?"

"on your nose." lee answered, clearly trying to hold his laughed back.

she tried to remove the mixture of ingredients off her face with her upper arm since her hands were occupied, but to her demise, failed.

isaac sighed before walking back over to her. he took his thumb and gently wiped it off her nose. "there." he smiled.

anastasia scrunched up her face. "thanks, isaac." she was now repeating lee's actions (trying not to laugh) because isaac's smile was just so. . . laughable? not because it was a bad smile— no, not at all— but it just made you wanna laugh. and then she started to do so.

"okay, can you stop laughing at me?" he asked after a few beats.

she continued to laugh. "no." which was barely audible due said laughter.

this now was making him laugh. he didn't even know why. "okay, now your making me laugh." he swiped the dough back on her nose, making her jaw drop though a smile was still prominent on her face. "goodbye."

"good luck, again!" he laughed even louder, and so did lee.

ᥫ᭡

AFTER BAKING WITH danny and cole, anastasia decided to go upstairs into her room until it was time to eat and try to take a nap.

she opened her door to find isaac sitting against on the bed, leaning against the headboard and her heart instantly dropped for two reasons. one, he looked pissed as fuck, and two, if his dad did answer, he shouldn't have been done with the call so soon.

"isaac?" her voice was soft as possible. his attention turned from his fiddling thumbs to her and she could see the slight gloss in his eyes which made her heart shatter into a trillion pieces. "hey, what's wrong?" she speed walked over to him and laid a very careful hand on his shoulder.

he looked as if he was about to break, and he was. "he didn't call. i knew he wouldn't fucking call." a very subtle tear slid down his face. "it's stupid. i should've known he wasn't going to call. gosh, i'm a fucking idiot." he muttered.

anastasia shushed him. "hey, hey, hey, you aren't an idiot for having hope, alright?" he nodded slightly but the girl knew he didn't believe her. "can i hug you?" she asked gently. she didn't want to annoy him.

instead of answering in words, he wrapped his arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around his neck.

soon enough, she felt her shirt start to dampen due to isaac's quiet sobs but she obviously didn't mind.

she could tell is was something more than his dad not calling, so she made a mental note to talk to lee later.

ana couldn't really think of the last time she heard isaac speak good of his father. not that he necessarily spoke bad, but it was as if his father was a crack in the sidewalk that you paid no mind to, not half of his dna. she didn't blame him though.

it's hard to see the good in people when all you can remember about them is their absence.

ᥫ᭡

ANASTASIA UNTANGLED HERSELF from isaac's grip and snuck out of their room quietly, headed towards lee's. they had fallen asleep at one point and stas just woke up and remembered to talk to lee.

she knocked on the door and walked in after hearing a 'come in!'

"hey, lee." ana greeted awkwardly.

"ana? what's up?" it had been a few hours since isaac the anastasia had fallen asleep so if lee was mad, he could've 'cooled down' by now.

"um. . . no way of sugar coating this so um areyouandisaacokaybecausehewasreallyupsetearliearandareyouokaypersonally?" she asked in record speed.

like any other normal person, lee would usually have trouble understanding a sentence spoken that fast, but on the other hand, he was best friends with stasia who found herself talking way faster than she should far too many times.

"i'm fine, i guess. i was mad at isaac earlier and i kinda maybe pushed him into a wall so i need to apologize but i'm also still really mad at him but i'm not an idiot." lee admitted.

"you're allowed to be mad at someone, lee." ana smiled. she was happy her friend was okay. "but are you absolutely positive you're okay? you know you can talk to me."

"yeah, i mean, it just kind of sucks when you get your hopes up for nothing."

anastasia nodded. she knew that feeling all too well. "i know what you mean. do you want to talk about it?"

"not right now. where's isaac?" the garcia boy asked.

"asleep. i'll tell you when he wakes up, yeah?" anastasia voiced.

"thanks, ana." lee said.

and with that, she smiled and left.

:¨ ·.· ¨:
'· .

i hate this chapter oh my gosh

sorry for the inactivity!!!!

bella