Axel's Backstory

Axel is a 17-year-old lemon shark. He grew up in the Atlantic Ocean, in Oceanglare with his father. His mother left his family when he was 2. Axel's dad is loving and supportive, and he is also a lemon shark. As Axel grew older, he discovered he was not like the other boys in his swimming league, he didn't like girls as much, but he only liked guys.

 After he started expressing these feelings, he was getting bullied a lot. As he grew up he learned more about himself and his sexuality and how he was never attracted to girls, His feelings like this started when he was around 8. He officially came out as gay and everyone supported him. Other than the people in his swimming league, also some people were not very accepting of him. But he handled it very well.

 He got his first crush on this dolphin, Drake. As he grew older, these feelings for Drake never stopped. He has been obsessed with Drake since he was 9. He is now 14, and still in love with Drake. He decided to confess his feelings to Drake in the local Oceanglare library, and he told Drake that he loved him, and Drake liked him back! They were dating for around 1 year, but Axel came to find out that Drake was cheating on him with a girl. Drake said he was gay. 

After Axel confronted him, Drake instantly denied it. Axel left him and was alone for a couple of months. Until he met another guy, Ryan. Ryan is a very charming guy, he has been friends with Axel for around 6 months, and then they confessed their feelings to one another, and now they've been dating for another year and a half. 

Now it's the current time, they are still very close. But Drake has gotten very jealous and has been trying to ruin their relationship. Axel and Ryan have together been hanging out in their secret hangout spot in the library, behind a bookcase. They meet there every day and get closer to one another. Axel has this bracelet from Ryan, that he considers "good luck" that he wears every day. And he would be devastated if he lost it. 

Although Axel has a bright, happy, and energetic mood and personality, he also has some personal struggles. Axel sometimes struggles with self-acceptance and doesn't understand why he feels that way. As Axel explores himself, he also stays happy and excited to be around Ryan, and he is the best shark boyfriend there could be!