9. ot8: Cuddle Puddle Party

Magsimula sa umpisa

Chan, Felix, Seungmin, and I.N were lounging on the floor nearby, cracking up at my reaction to seeing them all in my living room.

Everyone waved all at once. "Hello!"

I shuddered visibly. "I will never get over how synchronized you guys can be. It's creepy."

"We missed you too, Sugar." I.N spoke up sarcastically.

"I saw you last week!" I rolled my eyes with a huff and laughed.

"We've got pizza, chips, and drinks. There are cookies, brownies, and ice cream for later. And you get to pick the movie," Binnie got up and motioned for the other guys to leave the couch.

They each grabbed the pillows and cushions and tossed them to the ground, and the other guys grabbed all my blankets and throws from the baskets in the corner. Before I knew it, there was a perfectly chaotic pallet on the floor and all the guys had stretched out with some form of food nearby them. I smiled so hard at the picture of comfort on display in my living room they had created in mere seconds.

"Binnie? Guys?" I asked, catching their attention. They all looked up at me from the floor. "Thank you."

"Stop stalling and get in here! We're hungry and Bin won't let us eat until you do." Felix all but whined at me with big pouting eyes.

With a laugh, I removed the towel from my head and shook my damp hair out, taking a second to glare at the guys when they started whistling and catcalling at me. "Let me grab a hair tie real quick. Someone fix me a plate?" I ran back into the bathroom and took a quick moment to throw my hair up in a messy bun on top of my head. I knew it wouldn't dry as fast, but I didn't have work the next day and could afford for it to not be perfect in the morning.

When I entered the living room again, the boys were all energetically sprawled out like the symbiotic group they were, like magnets that both repel and attract each other. I cleared my throat to get their attention. All eyes turned to me and ogled. I rolled my eyes with a laugh in response.

"Okay, where do I sit?"

What I didn't expect was the chorus of 8 voices saying,"Right here," and then dissolving into a frenzied fight over who I got to sit with... or apparently on. While they were arguing and throwing pillows at each other, I saw the plate of food that had been made for me sitting close to danger. I quickly walked over and snatched it before a pillow, elbow, or foot sent it flying. Not waiting, I shoved a piece of pizza in my mouth and couldn't stop myself before a fairly loud, happy moan exited that same mouth.

It went silent and still around me. I opened my eyes to see 8 pairs of eyeballs staring wide-eyed at me. I would have choked laughing on the pizza if it weren't for the look in Lee Know's eyes.

"Can I change my name to Pizza?" He lowered his head to gaze at me predatorily and smirked. "I'll gladly make you m–"

"Don't finish that thought!" Chan yelled at Lee Know, tossing a pillow toward him, which was dodged.

"Are you guys done? Can I sit down now?" I laughed. I grabbed a bottle of Coke off the side table and plopped down in the center of all the guys with a smile.

Everyone began reaching around each other, sharing and serving the food. The upbeat chatter and jokes that filled the room soon thereafter completely changed the atmosphere from what it had been before they showed up. The space felt much lighter, charged with a hopeful energy. I soaked in as much as I could, burrowing myself into a blanket and stretched out across Hyunjin, my head rested on his torso; Changbin, my legs across his thighs; and I.N, my feet chilling in his lap where he had grabbed and placed them. Each of the guys had at least one other person overlapping them in some way. We were all done eating and were just laying in a pile and telling stories.

I felt Hyunjin tug on my hair tie, so I asked him, "What are you doing?"

He pulled it out of my messy bun, which he easily disassembled and began to run his fingers through to release any knots. "Helping your hair dry." He continued to comb his fingers through my hair, instantly relaxing me.

"I won't fight you on that. Thanks." I grinned and let him keep doing what he wanted.

"Sugar, what movie do you want to watch?" Seungmin asked from beside Chan, who tossed me the remote for my smart tv.

I turned it on and pulled up my Netflix watchlist. The mixture of foreign language films and shows amused the guys a lot. After some suggestions and pointless votes, I chose Space Sweepers since I knew it was sci-fi, action, and comedy. I pressed play on it, and then swiftly pressed pause.

"If you need to or think you'll need to pee soon, I advise you to potty break now."

Several of the guys grumbled then got up to go use the bathroom. Once they returned, I started the movie again and we all settled in to watch it. Hyunjin was still absentmindedly running his fingers through my hair. Binnie's hands were resting on my legs on top of his thighs. And I.N had left my feet alone, comfortably nestled in his lap. I was content.

I started to fall asleep three-quarters of the way through the movie, much like a few of the guys, and all I remember before fully drifting off into lalaland was multiple people shifting and repositioning closer to me, enveloping me. I could feel the smile on my face when I tipped over the edge of sleep into nothingness.

I woke up later needing to change positions because my hips were growing uncomfortable. I opened my eyes to see by the light of the illuminated tv homescreen my head on Hyunjin's chest and my arm draped across his stomach. I could hear Changbin's soft snoring right behind my head, where he had hugged my back tightly to his chest, his arm wrapped around my stomach and his legs bent and lining the backs of mine. Someone else's hands were touching my arm that was across Hyunjin's stomach and I craned my head high enough to see Han curled up on the other side of Hyunjin and reaching across to hold me too. The more I looked around, the more I saw the guys in this obvious cuddle puddle wrapped around me. I couldn't help but have this big, cheesy smile plastered on my face.

I felt completely safe surrounded by these men, and I had completely forgotten about all that had happened. This was the best way for this week to be redeemed.

I maneuvered my free hand down to my stomach and found Changbin's hand. Threading my fingers through his, I yawned and decided to just go back to sleep.

Everything was going to be just fine.