I've got a fish brain (James Potter)

It was year 6 and god if you couldn't stay away from the Marauders they were going to kill you.

A guy bumps into you in the hall.  You smile, roll your eyes, and shove him back a little too hard. "Hey!" He laughs nearly whamming into someone else's. He bumps you again before you both turn into your classroom. "Sirius!" You say annoyed. 

He chuckles and sits down at a desk with Remus. You smirk and sit with your friend Lily, because if anyone was going to get you through this potions test, it was her.

Slughorn comes barreling in from the back of the room behind you. You look over your shoulder to see him. "Sorry, I thought I had a few more minutes of lunch," He says. Glancing sideways, you see James Potter's eyes meet your gaze. You smirk at him and he smiles back holding up a hand to wave. Quickly, you turn away before he can spot the blush dusting your cheeks. You don't like him. You told him so, but god the way he looks at you. 

Slughorn makes it to the front of the class room and immediately begins to give you all the steps to complete the potions test. "Today you will make me a Memory Potion." 

You whimper and turn to whisper to Lily, "I think I need some of that potion to remember how to make it."

Slughorn begins to write on his chalk board the book page number and 'Memory Potion' in big cursive writing. Lily turns to the page in the potions book and whispers back, "we got this."

You sigh and begin pulling up your hair. You're about to be a slightly sweatier, kinda anxious, definitely confused, potion brewer. Lily begins to read you the steps and prepares ingredients as you add them to the pot and obey her every command. 

You're just about to add three drops of peppermint essence when a piece of paper folded into the shape of a little fish drops itself on the table next to you. You glance down at it and so does Lily. She rolls her eyes and you grin. You both switch positions so that she can continue adding ingredients as you read. As you unfold the note, it says, 

Don't mess up. Can't believe you're not done yet. Do you need a little of our potion to help you finish? Slughorn won't notice. 

P.S. Don't forget to put in five mandrake leaves and give ten galleons to the hottest person in the room. 

You laugh and turn around to glare at your assailants. What a funny joke. You're not giving him a Knut. They're as dumb as a flipping Plimpy fish. James is already looking at you, a stupid mischievous wide smile on his lips. Sirius looks up just as you're flipping off James and you turn to point the finger at him too. Sirius holds his hands up, like you're pointing a gun at him, in protest but doesn't say anything. He definitely assisted. 

After receiving an 'O' thanks to Lily and her slight favoritism from Slughorn, you are walking up to the Gryffindor common room to do some studying before Quidditch. Someone shouts your name and catches up to your side. It is James Potter and he is carrying so many books you can't fathom how his arms haven't given out by know. "What are you doing?" You laugh.

"My bag broke," he says. "You ready for Quidditch today?"

You groan. "Sure." Then you reach for some of his books. 

He gives you exactly two and no more, barely making a dent in his pile. "Thanks," he says brightly flashing you his signature smile. "You want to go down a little early and get some extra practice in?" 

"You've got time away from your fish?" Somehow Remus managed to get James a fish fourth year and it has been his obsession ever since. He's so obsessed with fish that he's gone on to memorize just about every wizard fish along with all the muggle ones too. You've also heard rumor that he's got a wall sized tank at his house but any attempt to coax this information out of him has resulted in failure.