Chapter 11 | Secrets Have Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Is he okay? Did something happen?" Rey asked Sam who smiled at her shaking his head in no.

"He's awake." he said. Rey's eyes widened and she looked at Steve who gave her a weak smile. Rey grinned ear to ear before rushing to Steve's side.

"You're okay..." she cried as tears of joy brimmed in her eyes.

"I am." Steve reassured her Rey chuckled before leaning down to hug him causing him to wince. She quickly pulled away apologising. Sam walked out to give them some privacy to talk. "Did you pull me out?" Steve asked referring to the canal he fell into.

Rey shook her head taking a seat on the bed "No. Jamie did." Steve remained silent looking at her in mild shock. "You helped him fight it, Dad. You helped him fight the Soldier."

"Dad?" Steve asked in a slightly amused tone.

"Irani Stark Rogers." Rey said with a smile. Steve gave her a shocked look "Oh, please tell me you didn't suspect it." she said.

"I thought you were just Tony's daughter." he said.

"Yeah... that's kinda a long story." Rey said as she scratched the back of her head.

Rey told Steve everything about how she was born and how she was raised by her mother in a cabin in the woods that surrounded a Stark Industries warehouse. How Howard and Maria would visit her frequently. She also told him about the few times she met Peggy when she would come to Howard's office.

The father-daughter duo talked for a long time till the visiting hours were over. Steve insisted on Rey going back home and getting proper sleep but Rey said that she was used to sleeping on the couch and was even likeed to it since she would take naps on the couch in her workshop.

Thanks to the SSS's fast healing,  the Super Soldier was soon discharged from the hospital and was going to start looking for Bucky. Rey told him that Bucky knew over thirty languages fluently with the accent and that he would never be able to find him. But she knew Steve would not divert from the path when he was dead set on it so she might as well support him.

Rey agreed to help on the condition that she and Steve would return to New York with Natasha and fill the other Avengers in on Rey. Rey also told to her dad to build up the courage to ask the assassin out and he was going to do just that. Rey and Sam said to do anythind but not be himself because they knew if he did he would end up turning it awkward.

◈◉◈

Rey, Jay, Steve and Sam stood at the gravestone of Fury who apparently walked up to them. "So, you two've experienced this sort of thing before?" he asked Rey and Steve who smiled amusingly.

"You get used to it." the father-daughter duo said in unison.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship." Nick said. Steve looked down solemnly "I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come."

"There's something we gotta do first." Steve said looking at Rey pulling her closer to his side by the shoulder as she smiled leaning to his side hugging his arm resting her head on his bicep.

"You told him." Nick said with a small smile.

"Only you have who's secrets have secrets." Rey said with a chuckle. Steve smiled remembering that was how Tony always described Fury. Fury looked at Jay who shook his head.

"I go where she goes." Jay said as he ruffled Rey's hair who returned a soft smile.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Fury said turning to Sam.