Chapter 8

13th July, 2013.

It was evening. Sun was about to say goodbye to the world before rising again. Abhi with his family had gone on a outing. As Abhi and Ashu had holiday for 3 days, they had came to Pune for a small vacation. They had visited many places like Kelkar Museum, Shaniwar Wada, Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati, Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park. On 13th at around 3 pm, after lunch, they visited the Peshwe Park. Abhi and Ashu spent a good amont of time playing those adventurous games. At around 6 pm, they left the park and visited Saras Baug's Ganapati Temple which was nearly at 5 minutes distance. After taking the darshan of Ganapati Bappa, they decided to have dinner in a hotel in their way. They had their dinner at 'Hotel Jagdamba' and left for their journey back to Mumbai.

Abhi: That was the last trip I had with my family. We were so happy. Never in our dreams we had imagined that we would end up in something like that.

They were in Bhor Ghat at around 10, when Abhi and Ashu's eyes were heaved with sleep. They were on the back seat with their parents at front.

Abhi (sleepy tone): How much more time to reach?

Father: 1 and half hour more.  Then you both, your mumma, me and our home.

Mother: Sanjay is saying true. Baccha, you sleep till then. We will wake you up once we reach home. See, Ashu is also sleeping.

Sanjay: Smita, do one thing. Mai gadi yaha lagata hu, tum peeche bacchon ke paas jao. They will not sleep untill and unless they get your warmth.

Smita (chuckled): True.

Ashu: Mumma, papa, let me sleep. Don't talk.

Both chuckled and said 'Fine'. Sanjay stopped the car at a side and Smita sat behind. She made the 2 kids sleep on her lap and caressed their hairs making them drift in a smooth and peaceful sleep.

Abhi: That was the last time mumma made both of us sleep. I miss her a lot.

He broke down in Sid's arms. Sid rubbed his back and gestured Vaishu. Vaishu nodded and forwarded a glass of water to Sid, who made Abhi drink it. Abhi drank it in one go. He badly needed it. He composed himself after taking deep breathes. He looked at his friends to see their expressions. Sid was hardly trying to stop his tears and show himself strong while Vaishneet were already crying seeing Abhi cry. Abhi took a seep breathe before starting further.

Abhi: After few... few minutes...

The ride was in a comfortable silence. Sanjay was adoring his sons and his wife. Abhi and Ashu were about to fell in a deep slumber, when Smita shouted loudly.

Smita: Sanjay....

Kids flinched hearing their mumma's shout while Sanjay was shocked seeing a truck coming in their direction. Before anyone could get anything, their car got hit by the truck forcefully. Their car rolled on the road and bashed at last.