"No thanks, this is the last one...and done!" After you wringed the robes, you decided to hang them, but alas you were unable to reach them, just when you tried to fly, Xie Lian and San Lang happily hung them without tiptoeing

"Hmph, must be fun being tall" Both of them had different reactions to your words, Xie Lian chuckled and San Lang merely hummed

"You two, thanks for helping me, next is grocery shopping. Stay in puqi shrine, it won't take long" And then you left with your basket.

The couple then focused their time on bringing back Qi Rong to the shrine. Xie Lian immediately thought of making a snack for Hua Cheng. There was still small remaining ingredients left. Enough for a meal for two people.

Xie Lian started off by making slow cooked bamboo shoot soup. But because Xie Lian just sucks at cooking, it wasn't "slow cooked" and messed up the entire recipe.

Because of your past feedback, he felt a bit shy to let Hua Cheng taste it. To his surprise, Hua Cheng took a bite and there was no reaction from him. His face remained the same, raised his head then shot him a smile "It's good"

"It...it's actually good?"
"Mn"

Xie Lian was overjoyed, you told him once that every person's taste varies, a dish might be spicy for you but to another person it's not. Hua Cheng motivated him to cook another bamboo shoot soup, since it's the only remaining ingredient and it's not slow cooked anymore.

He tied his hair to a bun but then he realized there wasn't any chopped firewood anymore, so he asked Hua Cheng's help.

Hua Cheng threw E-ming and landed gracefully, this caught the white silk band's attention, who removed itself from Xie Lian's wrist like a snake twirling. The two spiritual weapons faced each other as if they were inside a boxing tournament.

Rouye and E-ming showed off by chopping firewood and bamboo with other spices. Fang Xin remained on its spot, not bother to show off but the weapon is probably thinking: Youngsters are such show offs these days

"Fangxin must be a tired old spiritual weapon to not join in the fun"
"Hey now, Fang Xin is not that old"

"When will jiejie be back? Her spiritual weapon might be interested in joining in" Hua Cheng enjoyed seeing two spiritual weapons showing off to see who's better

However Xie Lian remained silent, until he spoke "Her weapon is not a spiritual one"

"Oh? Then how..." Hua Cheng's voice trailed off when he saw Xie Lian's expression change into a solemn one "Her scythe is made from her own bones...therefore, she and her weapon are the same being, cut from the same cloth"

"How....ah, nevermind" Hua Cheng stuttered but then shut his mouth. He never knew that your weapon was actually a part of you. That is astonishing. However Xie Lian's expression was hurt, as if he recalled a sorrowful memory.

"What if Jiejie's bones used to make the scythe was from her previous body...maybe that's why Gege looks sad when he mentioned what her weapon was made of" Hua Cheng thought to himself, feeling bad for bringing up a sensitive topic

"San Lang, i-"

"I'm back~" The door swung open revealing you, and a basked filled with so many ingredients.

Your other hand was another basket and it looked full too. "Man i'm deadbeat. So tired, i don't feel like cooking at the moment"

San Lang swooped in and grabbed the heavy baskets from you "Jiejie, may i do the honors of cooking lunch?"

"Eh? You sure you're up for it? I mean i don't like underestimating people but are you really-?" He laughed "Of course i am, jiejie what ingredients did you buy?"