𝐱𝐢. 𝐦𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚

chapter eleven megan's secret agenda

chapter eleven
megan's secret agenda

WHAT DID HE DO WRONG? Was it him? Is he the problem? Jaime isn't sure how to think. All he wanted was to ease the tension to make the car ride smoother. She's stuck with himand he's stuck with her. Truthfully, he wanted to tackle this by himself. So when she opted to join him, it came as a surprise. In his mind, she hates him, wants nothing to do with him, and wishes the worst on him. And it's not like he blames her at all. Her feelings are definitely validthey always were. Even now.

Their conversation was short. It ended once she went on her phone. Then, she shut down. Nothing was said after which made Jaime wonder: what happened? Did reality hit her? That she was here with him? It hardly crossed his mind how difficult this may be for her. Perhaps, Indira regretted her decision. This was a mistake...

The silence fell amongst them, showcasing the feeling of uncertainty surrounding the two young adults. Neither of them wanting to speak first for their own separate reasons. For Indira, there are certain memories she would love to erase if given the chance. For the sake of her committing a dreadful act that has now resulted in the opening of a wound that never healed properly. Frankly, she hasn't been thinking logically since the beginning of the day. Torturing her sanity by re-reading a message that was the result of so many sleepless nights, grievously, had consequences.

       Without giving it much of a thought, Jaime mumbled out loud, "So itchy...this thing," in reference to his embedded spine. He struggled to reach the spot on his back, alternating his hands on the steering wheel. The discomfort wasn't the prominent priority of his troubles. As it relates to the source of the discomfort, is it wrong he doesn't want to blame Jenny? Sure, maybe he could've dodged the circumstances, by not seeking a possible employment. Playing the blame game won't be the solution.

      The lady beside him blessed his eardrums with her caressing voice, "What thing? I still don't even know what's going on with you." All she knows so far is that he's apparently in trouble, and he went to space. She's failing to make the connection between the two, nevertheless clueless as to how Kord Industries is involved. An explanation was still very much needed. However, as time went on, more questions than answers started to form, concluding that Jenny's answers would only expose the harsh truth.

      Realistically, Jaime could pinpoint the sound of her voice in a crowded room. He seemed glad she was worried about him. She's marvelous, stunning even, and hard to forget. He lets out a nervous chuckle, interested to see how she would react to his numerous thoughts about her. They reflected many, many things. To remain normal for his own good, Jaime proceeds to talk: "Well, I don't even know how to explain it myself. You see"

        "Look, it's Jenny!" Indira became bubbly, no longer paying attention to Jaime's concerns. One of their objectives is now complete, pushing them one step further to solving this mystery.