Misunderstanding

In the village surrounded by majestic mountains and beautiful Begonia trees, two young men fell deeply in love with each other and shared an unbreakable bond.

Ohm and Nanon's love was strong and unwavering, and they knew that they could overcome any obstacle that came their way.

Despite belonging to different economic backgrounds, their love never faltered.

Ohm was always there for Nanon, and their dream was to live together in a cozy thatched and wooden hut with their beloved dog by their side.

When Ohm's father asked him to go to the city to look for work and to make a name for himself, he was in utter shock as he couldn't tell his father about his love for Nanon.

But after much of his parent's pleading, he agreed with a heavy heart. Ohm thought that he could make things work out with that merchant's daughter so that he wouldn't have to marry her.

That day, Ohm went to Nannon's house and narrated to him the entire matter, except for the arranged marriage part.

Nanon was very sad that Ohm was leaving. Ohm reassured his lover that their love was strong enough to overcome any distance, even if it meant going against their parents.

That same day, at night, someone knocked on Nannon's front door. Nannon, who was half asleep, answered the door.

To his surprise, it was Ohm's father. Nannon got worried. He was thinking what might have happened if Ohm's father himself had to come to his house at almost midnight.

Nannon: "Y-yes sir?"

Ohm's father: "Look, I'll just get to the point. I know that you *coughs* are 'dating' my son," he said with much disgust visible on his face.

Nannon was taken aback by this blunt confession and felt a chill run down his spine.  He subconsciously took three steps back.

Ohm's father: "Well, he definitely must have told you that he was going to the city, right?"

Nannon nods.

Ohm's father: "Well, I guess he mustn't have told you that he was going to get married to a rich merchant's daughter."

The moment Nannon felt his heart tear open, everything around him seemed to come to a halt.

Ohm's dad spoke yet once again, ignoring Nannon's teary eyes, "I advise you not to go near my son again." As he said that, he disappeared into the night, leaving Nannon in immense pain.

The next day, totally oblivious of the interaction his father had with Nannon earlier, Ohm went to his lover's house.

To his surprise, Nannon didn't come out to see him. This went on for several days. Until one day, Ohm found Nannon near a pond.

He rushed to him and hugged him from behind. Nannon was surprised at first, but then he gradually melted into his warm embrace.

Ohm: " I'll be off to the City tomorrow. What would you like me to bring back? Ah, I know! I'll bring you a big basket of bug, juicy Loquats, your favorite. I'll write to you every day."

Nannon stayed silent. Then the day came, and Ohm started his journey to the city.

As promised, every day Ohm wrote letters to Nannon, but when he went to check for letters in his name, he always returned home empty-handed.

Turns out Ohm's father always took the letters and tore them.

Finally, after three long-awaited years, Ohm returned to his village. The first thing he did was to go to Nannon's house.

As he went in, he spotted Nannon's sister, who was glaring at him. He ignored the glare and asked the girl where Nannon was.

Nannon's sister: "How dare you ask where my brother is! You promised that you would always love him, that you would write to him every day."

Ohm's eyes widened in disbelief as he spoke the following words, "Letters?! Letters I wrote to him every day!"

Nannon's sister: "Liar, liar, my brother is dead, even his last words were that he wanted to wait for you and that he wanted to try the Loquats you once promised him."

Ohm: "H-how, you must be joking. How did he die?!"

Nannon's sister: "He died due to an unknown disease..."

Upon hearing this, he broke down in tears, and at that very moment, his legs succumbed to th ground.

After he had enough energy to walk, he made his way to the cemetery and looked for his lover's gravestone.

He kneeled in front of his grave and cried his heart all night long.

After a few days, the villagers were crowded in the cemetery. Some were gossiping, some were in awe, and some were taking glances out of pity.

Turns out, after days of crying, Ohm died as well, beside his lover's grave, with a faint smile on his face with dried tear streams.