The Genesis To The Madness

Start from the beginning

A few days later, after Jace hadn't left the house in the fear of being exposed. He didn't realize that.. his.. beastly form was the reason his friends left him, his stupid beast was the reason his whole LIFE is destroyed. Jace's room was trashed, claw marks on the walls he laid on his broken bed staring at the ceiling his breathing heavy. Suddenly in the midst of the silence Jace heard his dad calling for him. "JACE, C'MERE BOY. I GOT SOMEONE FOR YOU TO MEET." Jace groaned and got up he wore a pair of navy blue sweatpants, a white wife beater tank top and white Nike socks as he stomped down the stairs. Jace walked into the foyer of his dad's large ranch house and then grabbed the doorframe of the living room and turned left into the room, still gripping the door frame as he hung onto it he saw a bald headed man in a wheel chair, and a red headed girl standing next to him.

"Ah you must be Jace, come sit. We have much to discuss about your ability." Jace stood up normally and walked over to the couch. He glared at his dad who was sipping coffee, with a defiant "splash" of whiskey. The brunette haired male sat across from the bald headed man and the red head. "What's this about old man. You sellin' me to a freak show?" Jace said coldly as he sat back and crossed his arms. He was clearly aggravated about his current situation he looked both the red head and the bald man up and down as he sat in a calmer manner. "My name is Charles Xavier, I run a school for kids and teenagers that are going through the same thing as you, I heard about your mutation powers through the newspaper. Youngsters who have a ability that society deems-" Jace cut off the man with a rude tone. "Monstrous? Freakish? I know I'm a freak Mister, you don't need to repeat it to me like I'm a fool."

"Jace Patrick Myers you watch your mouth." Jace's father scolded his son with a rugged look as the brunette boy flinched and held his tongue now. Charles cleared his throat as the red headed girl spoke. "I'm Jean, Jean Grey and I go to the Xavier institute, and it's helped me a lot with my mutation. There are plenty other people out there like you Jace, you just need to let us in and let us guide you." Jean said with a smile, Jace sighed and looked towards his dad then back to Charles and Jean. "When do I move in." He said calmly as he rubbed his eyes trying to wrap his head around everything that is happening to him. Jace's dad smiled softly and pat his son on the back to head back upstairs. "Go get your stuff son.." He walked back to his room and started to pack all of his belongings, his books, his football gear, his rodeo achievements, his clothes and shoes as well as his other stuff. He put his stuff outside his bedroom door and kept bringing his stuff out. He set his old horse reins on his stuff as a memento to his old life.

Jace walked back downstairs and past the living room, and out onto the front porch and watched the horses, the bulls, and the dogs run around in the paddocks or the front yard. Jace whistled and a large German Shepherd dog ran up to the porch and sat next to its owner and laid down at his feet. "Hi Mar Mar, oh big girl I'm gonna miss you." Jace leaned over and scooped the one hundred pound Shepherd into his arms and held the large dog. The Shepherd didn't even fight Jace as he scooped her up into his arms. Jace sighed and buried his face into the tan/black fur that was his dog. "I fuckin' hate my life." He sniffled as he heard the door open then close softly. And he didn't bother to look who was coming out till he felt a soft gentle hand on his shoulder. "I know its tough to leave this behind Jace.. But, your dad wanted to do what was best for you and it may not feel like it at the moment but if the institute doesn't work out you are able to come right back home.." Jean spoke softly to Jace as she knew how it felt to be in his position. Jace started to pack his stuff into the blackbird, and when he finished he walked up to his dad and hugged him tightly, like a child that was afraid their dad would go poof if he let go. Jace clutched onto his dad tighter and both men had a moment. Jean could sense the powerful emotions both men were emitting off in that moment. After a few moments Jace knelt down and picked up his dog and started to cry.

"You take good of her Dad.. I love you Marley.. I'm sorry you can't come with me this time.." Jace placed his beloved dog back down on the porch, the shepherd ran after her owner and bit down on his pant leg. The dog knew something was terribly wrong, Jace couldn't help but feel the weight and all the guilt on his shoulders for leaving his beloved K9 behind. The brunette country boy couldn't take it anymore. "I'm sorry Mr. Xavier I can't leave her behind." Jace scooped up his dog and spoke calmly. Charles could tell the power and all the emotional attachment to the dog so he nodded. Allowing Jace to take his beloved pet with him. The brown eyed male got onto the blackbird and flew back to the Xavier School with Charles and Jean, the flight there felt like an eternity for Jace as he ran his rough rugged fingers through Marley's coat. He knew he wasn't gonna leave her behind and he was right.

Thoughts raced through Jace's mind, memories of his time at the rodeo, his time hunting wild game and coming home with a smile on his face with a huge buck in the bed of his truck, memories of him going fishing with his friends and how he'd always catch the biggest fish out of the bunch. The bonfire hangouts with his friends where he'd sneak booze out of the house to pass around with his friends, memories of going horseback riding through the woods on his trusted gelding Kaiser... Everything flooded through his mind like a tsunami as the flight continued. Jace put on his headphones and started to listen to music to pass the time and sooth his ever-growing nerves and his pain of leaving his life behind. Once at the Xavier mansion Jace gets all of his stuff and Marley follows her owner loyally as the brunette male carried his bags full of his stuff. He even carried a compound bow and his hunting equipment with him. His stuff was brought to his room by the kindness of Jean while Jace got to wonder around the mansion for a moment trying to find his way to the library to speak with Charles and Logan.