"You wish." A breathy laugh left Luna's lips before she proceeded to bite the inside of her cheek. Her tell, Harry thought and he couldn't help but feel a tiny bit of pride in knowing that his favorite person in the world wrote songs about him. What a privilege it was.

"Can I see?" He asked.

"Sure, knock yourself out." Luna handed him her notebook, replaying the notes she had played just a few moments ago.

She loves how he talks late at night
When there's no one else to say
How she's beautiful and funny and smart
Like nothing he's ever seen
He's good to her and she wants it more
Than everything in between

Harry's entire body froze. His breathing quicker with every passing second and his shoulders tense—Luna couldn't tell if he'd become upset all of a sudden, or nervous because he'd realized that this song went over that first night they'd spent together.

She doesn't even know why she let him see the journal, read that song. She doesn't know how she ended up here. With him.

Because it's him. He's Harry. Her best friend Harry. He's everything to her.

"It's just a silly song. It's nothing, really. Probably got inspired from watching too many shows and movies or something..."

"Moonie."

"I think I was watching New Girl at the time, I'm pretty sure I wrote this about Nick and Jess."

"Moonie."

"No wait, I'm pretty sure I was watching How I Met Your Mother! Yeah, that's it, it was about the whole thing with Bar-"

"Luna."

That deep voice. Deep enough for her to sink into. She can't see him. She can't face the consequences. Because he realized. Of course he realized. The song just screams him.

"Bug, can you please look at me?"

Luna flinched when Harry's fingers brush her arm. Flinched at the familiar nickname she'd come to adore after all these years.

"Harry..."

"Luna, I... fuck." He murmured. "I shouldn't even say this right now, but I'm afraid that if I don't say it now, I never will. So, I need you to listen to me, alright? Just please listen to me."

"Harry you don't ha-"

"I love you." He said and for a moment Luna stilled. "I love you." Harry chuckled. "So much it is actually insane. Luna, I love you."

Luna felt breathless. Sitting there and staring up at him, she couldn't quite wrap her head around the words he was saying. It felt like Harry had decided to start speaking in a completely different language all of a sudden. "Harry, you don't... I mean, you don't have to say it if you-"

"I feel like... like I shouldn't even be saying this to you right now. Shit, you were just crying a few days ago and now I'm here throwing this on you." Harry interrupted, head dipping down until Luna's forced to silence herself. "But I don't know, I'm feeling brave tonight and I've been wasting too much time going over and over these words, when all want is... just- I just want to be with you."

Harry never tried to hide the way he looked at Luna, affection always strong in his green eyes. He smiled at the girl, chuckling at the reaction she was having from his confession.

"You're my best friend, Moonie. Always have been. And now that I'm being honest, I'm just going to get everything off my chest, is that alright with you?" Harry waited for some sort of signal, a cue for him to go on and let everything out. A nod. His girl nodded and so did he. Taking a deep breath, he went on, "I've been in love with you for years now, but I'm just a very, very stupid guy who took too long to realize I was falling more and more in love you every day we spent together. Deeply." Harry said, with that gentle voice that made Luna melt every time.